It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Agree to disagree I guess. I don't think our attack is stronger, we've added a number 9 but lost 2 very solid and useful profiles in Jesus and Sterling, plus overall depth of attack is also not that good. Midfield more or less the same. And backline weakened considering we did not rid of Aké to replace him, and did not address the left back spot as of yet. Could change by end of window but it has been a very average summer imo. I trust Pep and I hope he extends his contract soon to see the team go into next phase. My expectations will lower if we go in as it is and I do not see us winning anything noteworthy.
I can’t accept that a window in which we sign Haaland and Alvarez is “very average”. And I doubt the supporters of any other PL club would view it so. We have the potential to frighten the shit out of everyone.

And we’ll probably get a LB before it closes.

I can’t accept that a window in which we sign Haaland and Alvarez is “very average”. And I doubt the supporters of any other PL club would view it so. We have the potential to frighten the shit out of everyone.

And we’ll probably get a LB before it closes.
It’s been a great window but LB was a priority as we have now lost Mendy and Zinchenko over the past 12months with 0 replacements. I’m glad we moved quick to replace Fernandinho but it’s frustrating that we are short again at LB. You just have to look at how Liverpool targeted Cancelo to see what will happen against the best teams.

It’s been a great window but LB was a priority as we have now lost Mendy and Zinchenko over the past 12months with 0 replacements. I’m glad we moved quick to replace Fernandinho but it’s frustrating that we are short again at LB. You just have to look at how Liverpool targeted Cancelo to see what will happen against the best teams.
Well, the window isn’t over.

Because, just like with most targets, City seems to only have one option in mind every window and just skips out on it entirely if it doesn’t pan out. Dangerous games.

Why do you think that? What have City actually said about Cucurella or any other targets? All you are hearing is speculation, social media froth and bollocks plus the sound of silence from ITKs. Why? Because none of those parties is actually in the know.

Don‘t forget, three months ago we had no chance of signing Haaland.

It‘s been a good transfer window so far apart from LB but this isn’t mission impossible. If we get a LB better in that position than Zin, and for no more than he realised, we’ve moved forward.

Last edited:
5 sub or not, Pep rarely will make 2+ subs in a game. there could be the odd game where we 7-0 up in Carabao early rounds, and he will make 5 subs but thats all.

there will be more games with 0 subs than 4 or 5 subs knowing Pep.

Why is it frustrating there is a month left and it’s fairly obvious it’s being worked on. Besides we played against Liverpool twice last year in the league as far as I remember with Cancelo and didn’t lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.