It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We can moan (and I would agree) that we need more bodies but i think its pretty clear they wont be buying anyone else.
2 reasons in my head
1) Pep wants “a small squad” and hence is happy to take the risk
2) Im increasingly convinced they want to make a point this season of winning with the smallest squad and with the profit on player trading

Agreed. Crazy to be going into the most congested season ever with so few players.

We needed more from last season, where a lack of depth arguably cost us the treble, yet have one fewer.

It will come back to bite us.
In what way will it bite us?

We will win the league quite comfortably in my opinion, and then it's down to how serious we take the domestic cups

We are the best team in Europe, and very capable of winning the league, and going deep into the Champions League

We can moan (and I would agree) that we need more bodies but i think its pretty clear they wont be buying anyone else.
2 reasons in my head
1) Pep wants “a small squad” and hence is happy to take the risk
2) Im increasingly convinced they want to make a point this season of winning with the smallest squad and with the profit on player trading
I get we want to make a profit but I perhaps we are annoyed by people making out we have a large squad when it’s actual just a squad of quality. However we do not make decisions based on what other people think and why would we now this year ?

I’m very happy with the quality of our squad, I do think we’re very vulnerable numbers-wise though. If we had the amount of injuries that the Dippers have currently got (I think around 9) then we would be really struggling. I’d take an 8 and a winger. I’d especially take an extra 8 if the club think we may lose Gundo and/or Bernardo next year to give the new lad a year to adapt without any pressure. We’re quite a good football team though so we’ll be fine, I’m sure.

I get we want to make a profit but I perhaps we are annoyed by people making out we have a large squad when it’s actual just a squad of quality. However we do not make decisions based on what other people think and why would we now this year ?
I think we’ve had enough of the jibes. Omar and Txiki even reference it in the documentary on last season.

They dont have to, and as fans we know it but I think theyre trying to prove to the outside world its not just money driving this machine. I also expect Pep to labour the point in pressers all season:
“We only have 14/15 players”
“We didnt spend as much as X Y Z”

Some people are too blind to change their opinions but theyre trying to win some people over. Im sure of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.