It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

People don’t give city enough credit for the way they treat their players.

Even at academy level we get hammers for not bringing enough through to our team but no one mentions how many of them now have a flourishing career in a difficult industry to break + for those that don’t make it they get a decent education.

I would be surprised if it was a ‘look this didn’t work but we’ll try to look after you till you find your feet’ contract

There is undoubtably a good reason City have been looking after Mangala, other than because City are stupid.

They are not.

His contract was extended to give him time to recover, so we could sell him for a fee. The player gets another 12 months of wages, and hopefully City can get £20m, minus the £3-4m in wages. Better than nothing at all. It's risky, but better than him walking away for nothing mate.

No chance we're getting £20m. I think around £10m will be the most we can hope for given he represents a risk following his injury. Apparently Porto already binned off the transfer as a result of his medical results.

Our best bet is for a lower table PL club to take a punt on him and for Mangala to be up for it. If his move is away from England, I fully expect it will be something incredibly low like £5m.

No chance we'll loan him out though, as much as the Turkish clubs try it on. I'd imagine it will be an absolute last resort if he has no takers for a permanent move away, which would surprise me, even if he does represent a risk, given we won't be expecting a big transfer fee.

His contract was extended to give him time to recover, so we could sell him for a fee. The player gets another 12 months of wages, and hopefully City can get £20m, minus the £3-4m in wages. Better than nothing at all. It's risky, but better than him walking away for nothing mate.
Imagine thinking we're going to sell Mangala for £20m this summer! And I'm the one that doesn't know anything here...

On a separate note, I'm not going to go through and respond to the people throwing insults my way. All I would suggest is that some people need to lighten up and accept another voice/opinion every so often. Some of you seem to come on here solely to scold newer members or, gasp, people not from Manchester. Get over it.

Last edited:
Imagine thinking we're going to sell Mangala for £20m this summer! And I'm the one that doesn't know anything here...

Seriously though, I'm not going to go through and respond to the people throwing insults my way. All I would suggest is that some people need to lighten up and accept another voice/opinion every so often. Some of you seem to come on he solely to scold newer members or, gasp, people not from Manchester. Get over it.
there is defo a hierarchy element on bluemoon related to number of posts, god help you if your new and have a different opinion

I would assume he was given a 1 year extension because we feared a transfer ban at the time
As it doesn't appear imminent they are trying to move him on

I would assume he was given a 1 year extension because we feared a transfer ban at the time
As it doesn't appear imminent they are trying to move him on
Not sure it was the fear of a ban but more that we thought we'd be able to get something for him rather than leave on a free. I am still surprised that nobody thinks he is worth a punt at £10m ish.

I presume we gave him an extra year with him being on a lot less money a week so we can sell Mangala for a decent fee.

Mangala was in the ideal position if you are a player that a new club(s) want. He could sign a pre-contract agreement from last January to join a new club this summer with no fee payable to City. Even with the higher signing on fee / wages that goes with most 'free' transfers that is considerably cheaper than paying the selling club several millions.

The fact that Mangala had no takers tells you all you need to know about the chances of the club even getting a nominal fee for him. One of the most bizarre decisions ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.