It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Club's priorities are more or less clear - 3 players:
- DM (Fred as a main target)
- winger (lots of options on the summer market, including Mahrez)
- expensive versatile forward to replace Aguero (Hazard, Griezmann, Werner etc.). Not sure that it would mean Aguero going though, this season shows it's never enough firepower if you're after 4 trophies.

Also, 4th choice CB is probably needed (Evans says hello :) ), but that will depend on Komps' health.

The LB situation will be assessed after Mendy's return.

Does Sergio know he's being replaced.

Ins
Fred 50m,
Leon bailey 55m,
Lucas Hernandez 48m,
dybala ( if aguero leaves) 140m,
Maffeo free
Total 293m if aguero leaves
or 153m if he doesn't
Outs
Danilo 17m
Toure free
Kompany retired
Joe hart 10m
Mangala 15m
Total 42m

Ins
Fred 50m,
Leon bailey 55m,
Lucas Hernandez 48m,
Maffeo free
or 153m if he doesn't
Outs
Danilo 17m
Toure free
Kompany retired
Joe hart 10m
Mangala 15m
Total 42m

There are a few other players we could get good money for too - Celina, Angelino, Bryan, Roberts, Denayer & Barker

Ins
Fred 50m,
Leon bailey 55m,
Lucas Hernandez 48m,
Maffeo free
or 153m if he doesn't
Outs
Danilo 17m
Toure free
Kompany retired
Joe hart 10m
Mangala 15m
Total 42m
I this is way too high a fluctuation. I don't think Kompany will retire, but rather stays as 1 of 4 CB's. Having the 3 others we can actually "afford" his injury proneness. I don't think Danilo will leave, and why should he? He is a good squad member who can play a number of different positions. A second season with Pep's coaching will also improve him. I don't think Aguero will leave.
That leaves Yaya (out of contract), Mangala (hopefully sold) and Joe Hart on the out list. I would add Bravo to this list, as a possibility. Dunno if he wants to go.
It will also make the Ins list much shorter. We really only need a CB and a winger. Could be Fred and Bailey as you suggests.

There are a few other players we could get good money for too - Celina, Angelino, Bryan, Roberts, Denayer & Barker
Yep add them all and it's around 20'm for us if kun stays which I'm sure he will. We will then get all together around 50m which would reduce our net spend signinificanlty.
I this is way too high a fluctuation. I don't think Kompany will retire, but rather stays as 1 of 4 CB's. Having the 3 others we can actually "afford" his injury proneness. I don't think Danilo will leave, and why should he? He is a good squad member who can play a number of different positions. A second season with Pep's coaching will also improve him. I don't think Aguero will leave.
That leaves Yaya (out of contract), Mangala (hopefully sold) and Joe Hart on the out list. I would add Bravo to this list, as a possibility. Dunno if he wants to go.
It will also make the Ins list much shorter. We really only need a CB and a winger. Could be Fred and Bailey as you suggests.
i think Danilo will leave due to a lack of game time and it's a better decision for the club to bring in a young maffeo to be the understudy to walker. Maffeo also wouldn't mind not getting many games.

I think kompany will either retire or leave I get the feeling Pep is getting really fed up with his injuries

I don't think kun will leave but i get the feeling it's still a possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.