It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you here, Sean. Recruitment has not been good enough. Im sure Ake and Torress will be good additions but its clear what the club need. We need a leader at the back, the fact KK was allowed to leave without any replacements is criminal.
Arguably a LB, an attacking player and a CM also needed.
We need to start being harsh.If a player isnt good enough, get rid. Otamendi, Zinchenko, Gundogan. we need to replace these players with first team players.

i feel like 'IF' this window doesnt go as plan, then Txixi should be removed. Gets quoted a figure for a player, spends 6 months negotiating, only to either miss out or just pay the asking price. Fucking shite.
OMFG

Look at chelsea, when they finish below us in the league. Yes I'd have been happy why ? because Ake and a new centre back that will arrive improves us. Having Torres as a wide option and being able to use Foden and Bernardo in midfield to replace Silva improves us, having Laporte back improves us. Does it improve us for us to get the extra 15 or so points we'll need in my opinion yes it does. It isn't difficult is it not, how would you possibly know?

No i dont think it will improve us by 15 points.
What happend in 2011/12 after we won the league? We didnt strengthen enough and failed miserably attempting to retain the title.
What about 2013/14? shock. Same again.
18/19 transfer window. we're centurions. Perfect squad and team performance. Marquee signing in Mahrez. We retain the title.
Last summer. Who do we bring in?
Rodri Cancelo and Angelino. On the face of it not too bad. But Rodri still doesnt look comfortable against the top teams. Angelino Loaned out half way through the season, and cancelo only looked half decent 75% of the way through the season.

We want to be the best team in england again? we need to sort our shit out and buy the best possible players we can in the positions required, and clear out the players that arent good enough.

No i dont think it will improve us by 15 points.
What happend in 2011/12 after we won the league? We didnt strengthen enough and failed miserably attempting to retain the title.
What about 2013/14? shock. Same again.
18/19 transfer window. we're centurions. Perfect squad and team performance. Marquee signing in Mahrez. We retain the title.
Last summer. Who do we bring in?
Rodri Cancelo and Angelino. On the face of it not too bad. But Rodri still doesnt look comfortable against the top teams. Angelino Loaned out half way through the season, and cancelo only looked half decent 75% of the way through the season.

We want to be the best team in england again? we need to sort our shit out and buy the best possible players we can in the positions required, and clear out the players that arent good enough.
It's an opinion, but in my opinion a load of bollocks.

We don't have a starting 11
I see this a lot as a smart retort, but it's not really true. When players are good enough to start every game, Pep basically starts them every game. Sterling, Walker, KDB, Laporte, David Silva and Fernandino before their legs went, and Aguero (mostly) fall into this category. We want a second centerback good enough to fit into this group.

I see this a lot as a smart retort, but it's not really true. When players are good enough to start every game, Pep basically starts them every game. Sterling, Walker, KDB, Laporte, David Silva and Fernandino before their legs went, and Aguero (mostly) fall into this category. We want a second centerback good enough to fit into this group.
It is very much true, not my issue if you don't believe it

Teams have obviously been hit very hard by covid and we along with a few others are a select few who have managed to come through largely unscathed.

Clubs will want as much money instantly (forget bonuses) as they can possibly get, especially now. Managers will want replacements but a chairmans number one priority (sometimes) is to get through the season so im not surprised deals are dragging on.

If we start the season with what we have then it is what it is but we will definitely have more incoming(s) by the end of the window.
Liverpool signing Thiago. Arsenal signing Gabriel, William etc. Spurs have agreed deals for Reguilon and Bale.

City signing Torres and Ake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.