It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
£52m would be good business for Bernardo - more than we paid for him and a lot more than his book value.

We churn players you probably have never even known about who are on our books and probably never played a meaningful friendly never mind a first team game, Mooy, Harrison and Doug Luiz have been moved on for reasonable amounts at the time apart from maybe Harrison but an agreement is an agreement, then we have a dozen or two of other lads who were never going to make it but we have had decent fees for. It’s not all about selling what we consider prime players although the 34 million we got to offset the Cancelo deal was a startling amount.

As it stands in the last five years we have not been faced with letting a prime player go, Bernie is probably the first that wants out whom I would consider as being prime. Let’s see what happens.
Sane

weve played like that (or against that) since pep arrived....both Sane and Sterling did pretty well imho early doors.....
No in that first season with Sane and Sterling, even Match of the day highlighted that move with Silva slipping them in and the cut across. If MOTD pundits and we could see it, so could opposition coaches. By season 2 full backs weren’t being pulled out , they were staying put doubling up with centre backs or midfielders. Packing the box.
That space was shut down and we had to adjust ,and keep adapting to changes opposition defences made, turned out alright though.

We don’t sell many that we want to keep tbh

The Bernie wanting out I can sympathise with the lad had a torrid time with racist stuff and wants some sun, Sané looks like it was an inside job from Bayern after two years aided an abetted by his mum.

If we get what we paid for Bernie I consider it decent enough business considering everything.

No in that first season with Sane and Sterling, even Match of the day highlighted that move with Silva slipping them in and the cut across. If MOTD pundits and we could see it, so could opposition coaches. By season 2 full backs weren’t being pulled out , they were staying put doubling up with centre backs or midfielders. Packing the box.
That space was shut down and we had to adjust ,and keep adapting to changes opposition defences made, turned out alright though.
but both Sane and sterling had pace to go either way and ran at people.....now Mahrez rarely does this, mostly opting to pass or run inside

That option of the David Silva pass is still there.....he just aint there to play it but its still available.....

Pep seems to not want direct wingers....I get this as they are in danger of losing possession more (something he use to berate Sane esp for constantly).
Our wide players are very one dimensional at present.....Mahrez, Grealish (if he plays there - i hope he doesnt and he gets a number 8 role)...even Sterling now he plays from the left mostly - he is the only one with any real pace in our forward line and coming inside nullifies that. Bernardo as he plays from the right cuts in all the time ....the inverted winger tactic is great but we dont adapt it ever

We are always buying high, because teams know they can ask big money but we, seemingly, give our players away when we sell.

When was the last time we got a decent fee for one of our players? because i can't remember.
Illic for £8m is the most recent sale & id say that was great money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.