It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen how much they make off of player sales? And I don't mean just this summer and last.

Look mate, I'd like to think our club does it best. But, Chelsea doesn't dick about. They find a target, go after him and usually get him.

We may not agree but I'd prefer Chelsea's transfer team to ours. Doesn't mean I don't love the club. However, I'm not a happy clapper that thinks only MCFC does everything the proper way.
But over the years we have ended up with better teams and players on the whole . Yes they get their targets but they aren’t always the best targets. London helps too.It helps they sell for decent fees. Selling is a bit of a mystery, I mean Bernardo is a great player we are obviously open to sell but who’s offering a reasonable fee ? Why is nobody offering £50 /60 mill.

Not based on age. You think ronaldo was next best option after kane?
My point is, why did we have to panic into the ronaldo plan? That's only because we messed up with kane plan waiting too long hoping.levy would negotiate. We didn't have a plan B.
Then Mendes threw a option at us and we went for it. Rest is history.
If we had a solid plan B(what to do if we can't sign Kane) we wouldn't be in this situation today. Atleast we could have avoided the ronaldo disaster
Maybe plan B was to not make a mistake by buying somebody whom we don’t feel fits into the squad?

Maybe we were prepared to take a pinch this summer if we couldn’t get Kane?

Maybe short term pain long term gain Instead of short term gain causing long term pain?

We’re not going to win the league every season, so if we don’t this season, who gives a shit If it benefits us in the long term?

I think it’s been proven we’re in extremely good hands, so have a little faith in our board fella. They seem to have a short, mid & long term plan, so I‘m really not concerned if we don’t sign anyone else this season

Whether he makes it work is not secondary, in fact it’s the only thing that really matters. Not bothered about whether we should have gone for Ronaldo that’s done and hardly a disaster, we had a look and pulled back for whatever reason how far in we got is debateable.
I disagree. It was a disaster the way we handled this transfer window. but Clearly we see things very differently. No point in stretching the argument here.

The absolute state of this place right now is shocking.

What a load of weak willed, negative ingrates there are on here.

City will be favourites again to win the league no matter which player any other team buys.

The club keep a tight hold on their transfer dealings these days, so nobody knows for sure what we did or didn't offer. Or, more importantly, how other teams have behaved in our approaches.

Chances are our professional operations worked just fine; it's the other unprofessional clubs, or greedy/stupid players that have messed things up.

I have complete confidence in the club.

We will look back in 6 months and realise we dodged bullets this year.

Bookmark this comment and @me in 6 months time if we are not looking back on this transfer window and feeling like we fucked up.

Our owners have taken us to places we could only dream of and Txiki and Soriano have delivered Pep & a squad of players who have played football in a way English football has never seen before. But the truth is the last title was down to Peps genius and the fact that our 3rd / 4th choice centre back target turned into one of the best in the world.

2 summers ago we failed to replace Kompany and it cost us the league. For 2 successive summers we’ve failed to replace Agüero when we’ve known we needed to. We’ve spent the whole summer chasing 1 target with no alternative, got a potential break with Ronaldo but even before the rags interest we were trying to avoid paying Juve peanuts!

You mention having complete confidence in the club and other unprofessional clubs. We knew Benjamin Mendy had been arrested on suspicion of 3 different rape charges and continued to play him. Not to mention putting our name to that super league shite even though that closed, entitled cartel is everything we have all hated for the last decade! Those of us old enough to remember where we came from and even those who don’t, are still allowed to question the club when we perceive they have fucked up!

At the end of the day, we'll just have to get on with it and hope for the best. Hopefully Ronaldo will poison the Rag dressing room with his arrogance, whilst at the same time proving to be a 37 year old flop out on the pitch before accumulating multiple splinters from sitting on the bench for so long.

Let's hope for that rather than him making a great partnership with the buck tooth Fernandes and being a catalyst to winning the title.

Reactions: Pam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.