Jacinda Ardern

fascinating how the likes of Melville - J Heartless-Bitchface and all the GMB crowd are out in force on twitter criticizing her for her Covid 19 response that resulted in fewer than 2.5k deaths yet are presumably happy with the UK death toll and have no comment on the admission from China this week that lifting their travel restrictions has led to a further 60k deaths - they are mental

fascinating how the likes of Melville - J Heartless-Bitchface and all the GMB crowd are out in force on twitter criticizing her for her Covid 19 response that resulted in fewer than 2.5k deaths yet are presumably happy with the UK death toll and have no comment on the admission from China this week that lifting their travel restrictions has led to a further 60k deaths - they are mental

It's always interesting how these gammony angry right wing types instinctively don't like someone because they are first and foremost decent and caring. It's because it represents everything they aren't.

What's Melville's background? I know he's from Scotland, and started off banging on about mRNA vaccines. Recently he seems to have branched out into all the other right wing conspiracies.

What's Melville's background? I know he's from Scotland, and started off banging on about mRNA vaccines. Recently he seems to have branched out into all the other right wing conspiracies.

I think like the guy off Coast he has found that the grift pays well so has allowed his brain to go off grid and stoke up hate

Agree with everything you stated there.

I remember being very happy with the landslide win but upon hearing her victory speech I felt a bit disappointed about what was to come.

For all the appalling campaigns against her (and from some of the mainstream) and the promotion of Luxon, she still polled as the preferred PM.

I think their handling of and then the subsequent media coverage of Three Waters and anything Mahuta is involved in hasn't helped.

I listened to Rest Is Politics podcast interview with Julia Gillard and she stated any incumbent Government dealing with an global inflation/cost of living crises is going to suffer badly in the polls as the general public assume that they are not doing enough and the opposition may be able to sort it out. I think that is where middle NZ is at the moment.

I'm disappointed Robertson has ruled himself out, as I see him as the natural successor, who Business and middle NZ respect when it comes to the economy and who would walk all over Luxon in the debates.
I think that's bang on about middle NZ. Elections always come down to the economy right? Few people are truly altruistic.

And I think that's right about Three Waters, but I think she'd got herself tied up with the TVNZ/RNZ merger too, plus the health reforms are not exactly going smoothly. All big picture stuff that's hard to get middle NZ excited about.

I like Robertson too. I wonder - and really hope it's not the case - whether he feared his sexuality would be weaponised, as Ardern's gender was? I do quite like Hipkins though and reckon he was probably the only chance of electoral success this year - I think it's telling that he's been kept away from all the gnarly, controversial policy stuff for a month or two, almost like this was a bit more planned than perceived?

I think that's bang on about middle NZ. Elections always come down to the economy right? Few people are truly altruistic.

And I think that's right about Three Waters, but I think she'd got herself tied up with the TVNZ/RNZ merger too, plus the health reforms are not exactly going smoothly. All big picture stuff that's hard to get middle NZ excited about.

I like Robertson too. I wonder - and really hope it's not the case - whether he feared his sexuality would be weaponised, as Ardern's gender was? I do quite like Hipkins though and reckon he was probably the only chance of electoral success this year - I think it's telling that he's been kept away from all the gnarly, controversial policy stuff for a month or two, almost like this was a bit more planned than perceived?
That was my feeling about Robertson too.

With Robertson ruling himself out it was only ever going to be Hipkins. I'm still not confident of a Labour win, Luxon has far too many friends in high places and the mainstream media on his side.

Hipkins was seen as Labour's Mr Fix It, so we might start to see more action and positive coverage over the next 6-9 months..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.