Jack Daniels or Jim Beam

I haven't tested any of the Abhainn Dearg as yet - which of their offerings do you prefer?

The people who own JD have just this week bought the BenRiach and GlenDronach distilleries, two producers of some of my favourite malts. I hope they treat them well...

They've also bought Glenglassaugh as part of the same deal. Glenglassaugh only "recently" (2008) reopened after a 20+ year mothballing, so I hope they continue the commitment and provide the investment needed to complete the resurrection of a fine old brand fallen on hard times.

Abhainn is a new kid on the block..only been around since 2008 so only has two to choose from..both very pricey (the malt is £150)

There is the cheaper option Spirit Of Lewis (can't be called a whisky as it's less than 3 years old) or their single malt (which was released in limited number in 2011)..both are worth a try..the latter more so..but I think the price puts a lot of people off..Kilchoman is another young whisky worth looking at if you want a cheaper option (£40 a bottle or thereabouts)

I got a few Kilchomans in my whisky cupboard: the Machir Bay and the Loch Gorm 2014.

I need to get up to Scotland and visit some of these new independent distilleries that have been opening. Ralfy has an interview on his blog this week with the Kingsbarn founder. Plus there's Daftmill, Ardnamurchan, Annandale....

I got a few Kilchomans in my whisky cupboard: the Machir Bay and the Loch Gorm 2014.

I need to get up to Scotland and visit some of these new independent distilleries that have been opening. Ralfy has an interview on his blog this week with the Kingsbarn founder. Plus there's Daftmill, Ardnamurchan, Annandale....

Would love to try the Madeira Cask Kilchoman..not bought any bottles for awhile though..just been tapping into my stash from time to time..only drink the expensive stuff on special occasions..Old Pulteney 12 is my staple week in week out..I've been up there in Wick to see their distillery too

I love whisky but can't stand anything from the US or that Welsh crap Penderyn.
Usually finish off with an Islay but would recommend one of the Japenese malts.

jim beam over jack any day. jack is a posers tipple and usually £6-7 more a bottle because its trendy. asda has been selling jim beam for £12 a go and red stag for 14 recently and boy does my liver know it. wild turkey, evan williams and four roses are all good too with woodford reserve being the best of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.