Jack Wilshere (merged)

Re: Jack Wilshere

dennishasdoneit said:
adrianr said:
Typical English media hype about English player aside (He isn't all our Euro hopes rolled into one basket of course, this would imply we actually have any hope to roll), Wilshere is a very talented footballer for his age make no mistake about it. As long as this injury isn't something that ruins his career he will be the person Arsenal build their midfield around and with good reason.

He,ll do well to displace Roberto Song as the true king-pin of their midfield. Song has been outstanding for most of the season( without the media hype)..just look at any video of van-rapists goals this season and see how many are the product of a fantastic chipped pass from Song..this from a player who is known for his tackling and ability to sit deep and screen the back four..as i,ve said, hardly mentioned on sky..

Thats the difference between young english players like Wilshere/Cleverley....media fawn over them..good players maybe but Songs ability and control has been overlooked..as an aside, did yaya.s brilliant last half hour on saturday draw any world class comments?...imagine if that had been Wilshere!

And just who is this Roberto Song you speak of?

I remember Rigobert Song from a few years back and Alex Song who plays for Arsenal but this Roberto Song? His name doesn't sound all that familiar?

sjk2008 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
adrianr said:
Typical English media hype about English player aside (He isn't all our Euro hopes rolled into one basket of course, this would imply we actually have any hope to roll), Wilshere is a very talented footballer for his age make no mistake about it. As long as this injury isn't something that ruins his career he will be the person Arsenal build their midfield around and with good reason.

He,ll do well to displace Roberto Song as the true king-pin of their midfield. Song has been outstanding for most of the season( without the media hype)..just look at any video of van-rapists goals this season and see how many are the product of a fantastic chipped pass from Song..this from a player who is known for his tackling and ability to sit deep and screen the back four..as i,ve said, hardly mentioned on sky..

Thats the difference between young english players like Wilshere/Cleverley....media fawn over them..good players maybe but Songs ability and control has been overlooked..as an aside, did yaya.s brilliant last half hour on saturday draw any world class comments?...imagine if that had been Wilshere!

I remember Rigobert Song from a few years back and Alex Song who plays for Arsenal but this Roberto Song? His name doesn't sound all that familiar?

It`s a bastard when you get a song in your head and can`t
remember who it was by

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:21 am
Blue Smarties said:
I hope Wilshere is finally picked up for his nights with his friend Charlie, saviour of England my derrière. Nothing much more than your average scum bag, shame a head like that has such talent.

kb.gif

salfordpaul said:
the same surely applies to ramsay?? did he play tonight?

Ramsay was shite last night - even the Emirates crowd were booing him - and to think, the absolute no-mark was miffed that he wasn't getting a say as to who the next Wales manager should be, in succession to Gary Speed.

Wilshire, Ramsay and Frimpong. Enough to terrify any midfield when fit .....
in the Championship that is, not Premier league.

the blue panther said:
salfordpaul said:
the same surely applies to ramsay?? did he play tonight?

Ramsay was shite last night - even the Emirates crowd were booing him - and to think, the absolute no-mark was miffed that he wasn't getting a say as to who the next Wales manager should be, in succession to Gary Speed.

Wilshire, Ramsay and Frimpong. Enough to terrify any midfield when fit .....
in the Championship that is, not Premier league.

Despite him being a massive dick, Frimpong looked quite good before he got injured for Wolves.

sjk2008 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
adrianr said:

LOL- god knows what was going thru my head when i posted that..must have our leader on the brain..and must stop posting late at night,it don,t suit me!

did you actually have an opinion on what was posted by the way?

dennishasdoneit said:
sjk2008 said:
dennishasdoneit said:

LOL- god knows what was going thru my head when i posted that..must have our leader on the brain..and must stop posting late at night,it don,t suit me!

did you actually have an opinion on what was posted by the way?

Ha, no problem. Was too good an opportunity to pass on.

On to your actual post, yes, I do have an opinion.

To put it simply, Cleverley is incredibly over-hyped. In 3 years time he will be in a bottom half side.

Wilshere on the other hand, incredible talent. Whilst I can accept the media over here are absolute bell ends and either praise or slate someone at completely opposite ends of the spectrum with noone labelled inbetween, praise of Wilshere is entirely justified.

Wilshere is the closest thing we have to a Xavi-esque player over here. And before you all think about jumping the gun here, I am by no means saying he is as good as Xavi, I'm saying his style and the way he plays the games resembles him.

Short, quick passes. Knows where his team-mates are before he gets the ball.

What I like the most is he ALWAYS wants the ball. Plus, that performance at the Emirates against Barca when they won 2-1 was brilliant. As good as Xavi on the day.

He's the one young English player I have the most belief in to go and become one of the Premiership's best ever players*.

*As long as he can keep out of trouble off the field!

dennishasdoneit said:
adrianr said:

Have to disagree mate, he'll replace him. Song is a very odd player. He's supposed to be a DM but has nothing like the discipline to play there, that's why you often find him chipping balls to Van Persie leaving the team exposed on the counter, or someone having to fill in for him. He's also not an attacking midfielder like your Silvas or Fabregases because he simply isn't that gifted. Wilshere on the other hand when asked to play DM was a better DM than Song. He's a better holding player than Song, and he's a better ACM than Song. He'll have no trouble at all replacing Song (even though the position Song is supposed to be playing isn't the position Wilshere is best at or will/should be used in).

As above, he's one of the exceptions where the hype is (largely at least) justified. He could be huge for Englands future and he will be huge for Arsenals, providing he's not surrounded by endless dross in either side.

So there is a possibility he actually failed a drug test and is suspended for a year or what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.