James Milner

BigOscar said:
burning blue soul said:
yet another assist by jimmy. well done lad.
Not sure deflected crosses count as assists tbh.

What I like about Milner, is that he makes runs. We have so many passers, who can see a run and pick out the pass, but we don't really have many players who actually make those runs. It's the same with Pedro at Barca and Muller at Bayern, they are the one's who make the runs for the passers to find, otherwise it's the fullbacks. When Aguero isn't playing, then it's really only Milner, Zaba and Kolarov who consistently make runs off the ball.

Ideally, I'd like to see us with someone who makes those runs from midfield/winger and is a bit more of a direct threat than Milner, like Pedro and Muller are, for us to really push on to that top level.

We have. Jovetic.

Just wait and see when hes fully fit and firing. Fully believe hell be a major star next season.

If we are to get the absolute maximum out of David Silva (which we'll need from this point onwards, as we've seen for the last few games) then why do we not start James Milner?

Milner-Silva is the most natural link-up pairing in our entire squad, i don't think any other 2 players play better together. They are just on the same wavelength in receiving the ball and making runs for one another.

As improved as Nasri has been, i would drop him for the rest of the season if it meant JM starting.

kidash said:
If we are to get the absolute maximum out of David Silva (which we'll need from this point onwards, as we've seen for the last few games) then why do we not start James Milner?

Milner-Silva is the most natural link-up pairing in our entire squad, i don't think any other 2 players play better together. They are just on the same wavelength in receiving the ball and making runs for one another.

As improved as Nasri has been, i would drop him for the rest of the season if it meant JM starting.
Really. I hadn't spotted any great link-up play with Silva and Milner. Silva links up with everyone, but I'll look out for it

kidash said:

Yeah me too, nasri is a bit fancier with better control, touch, dribble and a silky pass, but Milner makes space, makes runs and is a tireless worker. Absolutely love him. After dave and toure, he's probably the most intelligent on the team. And he's got a great cross on him too.

For me though, I've never understood why we've always pushed him onto the wing, he's far better in the middle. You could play with Sam and Milner though, take navas out if he's playing with 5 midfielders, Sam left, jimmy right and silva in the hole.

Marvin said:
kidash said:

Really. I hadn't spotted any great link-up play with Silva and Milner. Silva links up with everyone, but I'll look out for it

you'll start noticing it in alot of games.

Especially against United at OT in 11/12 & 12/13 and Liverpool today.

Why is this lad not getting more starts? We knew Liverpool would be a whirlwind for the first 30 mins or so today and when we're NOT bossing the game Nasri is not necessarily the best player ... We could easily have started today with Milner and Navas on the flanks and brought Nasri on at half-time after we'd weathered the Liverpool storm ...

I do think Pellegrini has made some key errors in the big games ..... Milner was fantastic when he came on ....

THE most strangely underused player in our squad this season. Never lets us down, just wish he got more of a chance

I think Milner is best used in matches he can be his best, if we're playing against opponents who will work hard and press hard his effectiveness is mitigated and a player like Nasri's technique and skill is more useful.

Milner has done great this season.

callumcity said:
You could play with Sam and Milner though, take navas out if he's playing with 5 midfielders, Sam left, jimmy right and silva in the hole.

Our strongest set-up, IMHO.

However, if we are going to attack teams, the problem we have is too many "hole" players. Aguero needs to learn to be one IF we are going to play with a main big striker like Negredo or Dzeko, and Nasri and Silva both favor the role, as does Yaya!!

However, Sergio is not built for it! He is built for speed and playing on the last defender, as he showed today in turning Skrtel, but how do you play everyone with the abundance of midfield talent we have?

We always seem to call on Millner when were in all sorts of trouble , and he has a great game every time , the big games really bring something out in him , and he steps up to another level . Then he seems to get a run of games against lesser opposition and not have anything like the same impact . Having said all that I like Millner and really wish we'd of started with him today instead of either Navas or Nasri . With him on the pitch from kickoff I don't believe we would of been two goals down at half time .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.