Jamie Carragher

Correct me if i’m wrong, but the Arsenal penalty last season 1-3
One on one, keeper came out, Arsenal player shoots wide and Ederson collides into him.
Penalty for Saka - is that any different?
That was just plain corruption by Taylor. A penalty has never been given for it before or after. The very next game Taylor officiated exactly the same thing happened, no penalty.

No money as a pundit as an Evertonian. Bags of money as an ex Liverpool player pundit.
Fair enough.
Look how many appearances Leon Osman gets on the telly ?
Osman is a bit understated (perhaps too uncontroversial ?), but isn't a "media darling" like Jenas the Penas...

Fair enough.
Osman is a bit understated (perhaps too uncontroversial ?), but isn't a "media darling" like Jenas the Penas...
Young was on offering his expert opinion last night, could barely string a coherent sentence together. A bright future beckons

Young was on offering his expert opinion last night, could barely string a coherent sentence together. A bright future beckons
Doubt if he will be asked to comment on future Watford, Villa or Everton games ?
Don't think Young will ever be a Sky regular - there's too many, more successful ex-Rags ahead of him...

Fair enough.
But we have no marks like Steve Warnock and Jim Beglin on every week on the USA and foreign channels. Hardly Liverpool legends but they get the gigs by trading on their Liverpool connections

Need Everton to be taken over by Qatar, apparently they seem interested and the fans seem to be welcoming of the idea. I just want to see the dippers have a meltdown about Everton possibly overtaking them
They would be straight to the PL with their other red mates demanding they don't allow the takeover citing human rights or some other bollocks.

Ffs! How can we slate referees when we can't agree ourselves?
I've given up on working penalties out, now.

The only explanation I have heard for a non-penalty that makes sense is that anywhere else on the pitch and it was a free-kick, but the threshold for offences is higher in the box. Supplemented by the comment that the purpose of VAR isn't to ensure consistency, only to correct clear and obvious refereeing errors.

So goes Dale Johnson's conclusion on ESPN. Referee error but "not enough in it" to be overturned???

Which leads to all sorts of questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.