Given a £200m budget ...

Stones £40m
Pjanic £30m
Griezman £60m
Rose £20m
Fabregas £30m
Gundogan £20m , not my choice but he's already signed

Give over mate. Lescott was bobbins.

Vardy has just turned 29. Should we get rid of all our 29 and overs? they're all on the verge of getting old and turning shite?
We don't often buy 29 year olds though.

Difference between keeping them in the squad and buying them.

Given a £200m budget ...

Stones £40m
Pjanic £30m
Griezman £60m
Rose £20m
Fabregas £30m
Gundogan £20m , not my choice but he's already signed

You'd spend £30m on Fabregas and £20m on Rose... Gundogan looks an even bigger bargain then. What a way to spend £50m; is that you Txiki?

(Although i'd be all over Griezmann).

Last edited:

Vardy has just turned 29. Should we get rid of all our 29 and overs? they're all on the verge of getting old and turning shite?

For a player that weighs heavily on his pace then yeah he could be on the verge of getting shit. Plus we want younger players so they can grow at city and stay here for years rather than having to replace everyone every second season. We don't want a one season play then ship him on again.. let's try and think longer term like at least 3 seasons.

If gundogan is worth a punt at 20m then arguably so is vardy. Pep can play the odd ball over the top -or at very least long through balls - as an alternative (just look at him commanding bayern to do it in the cup final) and vardy would give us a cheap and effective plan b without losing a foreign spot.

Vardy has excelled in a team that play to his strenghts, which is very direct, using long balls playing against teams that play high defensive lines. Everyone played high defensive lines against Leicester all season because they underestimated them and were waiting for the wheels to fall off.

No team ever play a high defensive line against us, they sit and mostly absorb pressure, meaning Jamie fucking Vardy is next to useless in a team that likes to dominate possession. No doubt he is incredibly effective in his current system but for us, nah.

Lescott was part of the most solid defence we've had in the last couple of decades. World class - no. Bobbins - definitely not.

Vardy might only be 29 but we don't sign 29 year olds. All of ours were signed as young pros who have aged with the club. As you can probably tell by our current transfer strategy, we're trying to reduce the average age of the squad and pack it with youngster to create a new cycle.

If gundogan is worth a punt at 20m then arguably so is vardy. Pep can play the odd ball over the top -or at very least long through balls - as an alternative (just look at him commanding bayern to do it in the cup final) and vardy would give us a cheap and effective plan b without losing a foreign spot.

I agree. Given Pep is supposedly the best coach on the planet I'm pretty sure he could incorporate Vardy or someone similar in style into the squad.

All this supposed 'knowledge' of what Pep is going to do and how he's going to play is bizarre.

The best coaches have plan B, C, D and so on. Pellegrini had Plan A and nothing more and look how we underachieved.

Pep could undoubtedly could incorporate Vardy or someone similar in style within the squad.

Therefore I can't see what all the anti-Vardy brigade are on about.

And at the theoretical 20m it would make good sense.

We don't often buy 29 year olds though.

Difference between keeping them in the squad and buying them.

No there isn't.

They are still 29.

If you can get the player for a reasonable price (and 20m for Vardy would be given the prices players go for these days) you'd be daft not to.

For example would you rather have Vardy at 20m and he produces 2-3 seasons like this season for us or Sterling at 45m and he produces 5+ seasons (he's one of these long term 'one for the future' buys after all) like this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.