January transfer window

The next cm we get in needs to be top class, no point in buying these squad players because they are not good enough. Someone with trust to play in big games and smart enough with the ball.

The most needed positions are a top cm and a non injury prone rb.

celticfc482 said:
The next cm we get in needs to be top class, no point in buying these squad players because they are not good enough. Someone with trust to play in big games and smart enough with the ball.

Entirely agree. We're an injury to Fernan away from being in serious trouble and sadly, Micah is glass.

Haven't a clue who we'd go for though.

George Hannah said:
BigOscar said:
George Hannah said:
what about this Mangala boy who plays in Portugal?
He's physically ridiculous, but he still is a bit of a work in progress from the defensive side of things. He'd probably be a fantastic partner for Kompany in time, but he still has wrinkles that need ironing out regarding rashness or being a bit too keen to get the ball. He'd cost a fortune, but I can't think of too many better CB's who might be available, he really has all the potential to be one of the best centerbacks for the next decade.

If we had him, Kompany, Matic, Yaya and Fernandinho in the center of our team then we really would physically bully everyone though!
hope the speculation that he's stitched up for us is right then - thanks!

What speculation?

celticfc482 said:

It's all been said before, we should have strengthened with quality the summer after we won the
League, probably would have retained it if we had but I guess getting rid of Mancini was more important...

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
celticfc482 said:

It's all been said before, we should have strengthened with quality the summer after we won the
League, probably would have retained it if we had but I guess getting rid of Mancini was more important...
oh no you didn't - if I could post popcorn cat or 'Dis gonna be good' guy with the chair, then I would...

Jutt said:
What feasible options are out there for RB?
Srna from Shaktar could be a good option. Hard worker, scores a few, assists quite a few. Decent defensively, good going forward, wicked cross on him. Shouldn't be too much as he's 31. Could link up well with Fernandinho. Whack Richards as a back-up CB when fit.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Jutt said:
What feasible options are out there for RB?
Srna from Shaktar could be a good option. Hard worker, scores a few, assists quite a few. Decent defensively, good going forward, wicked cross on him. Shouldn't be too much as he's 31. Could link up well with Fernandinho. Whack Richards as a back-up CB when fit.

Good shout.
He's a very reliable and "safe" option, never seems to have a poor game.

As for Micah in a CB position, many on here will say that's utter madness. But I feel given the time and training, he could develop to be an awesome CB, and considering his fragility, it might be the only option he has.

I would much rather see MR as a third choice CB than to see him leave the club, and in a few years he could very well be our first or second choice CB.

Not saying this is what we need in January, but looking at the squad I'd say we were in need of:

1. A RB on loan
Give Micah the time and chance to turn things around before getting someone else in permanently.

2. A first choice CB
I'd like to see at some point Kompany and X with young Nasty as 3rd choice and Demi/Lesc or even Rekik 4th choice.

3. A quality young LB
eg. Shaw.

4. A holding CM
Garcia's not good enough. Fern and Yaya can't play every game.

There's potential issues with Jovetic' fitness and Dzeko's ability/desire but that's for another time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.