January window

Dumfries looks a good option I had a look on transfermarket thought he was midfield or forward player but he is RM or RB. I think Walker has lost a bit of pace or something this year. He is one of our older players so we need to be ready to replace him when needed and if we are sticking with the same style when we do then he needs to be attack minded
I think Walker has done jolly well this season and responded positively to the added responsibility, but a little cover with versatility wouldn’t go amiss. Dumfries has the physique and muscle to do well in England, though I doubt Guardiola would want someone mid-season who is entirely unfamiliar with both the system and the league.

If only we could find another Fernandinho, he would provide real cover for Rodri and also provide cover along the back line.
Also, there is the Haaland question to answer. The team is built around him but if he is out then our focal point is gone and we either have to rely on Alvarez in a role which he's not really comfortable with or we go back two years for the regurgitated Revie Plan which we succeeded with.
Maybe we should look around for a CF who is pacey, bustling and awkward, someone like the kind of front man that teams like Brentford could find, someone like Shaun Goater, someone who would work out relatively cheap to buy and only too willing to come here without any expectation other than to make himself a fans favourite in the limited number of games that he'd get.
I'd be happy with that for a winter strengthening.
I think the team is built around Rodri. We can probably cope without Haaland for a few more games, but Rodri’s absence would send us into a tailspin. It seems we can’t identify a similar replacement, and there really isn’t one, so we need to make sure that the midfield is packed to take more of the weight off him. That might mean someone who can play out right, so as to allow Bernardo and Foden to graft in the middle.

BTW what do we think of Andre Gomes from over at Everton to provide cover at DM?

He wasn't horrible against us was he?

And I think he leaves Everton on a free next summer so might be available for cheap.

Hopefully he's good enough to give Rodri 15-20 minutes off every now and then which would be a huge improvement for Rodri's health long term!

I think the team is built around Rodri. We can probably cope without Haaland for a few more games, but Rodri’s absence would send us into a tailspin. It seems we can’t identify a similar replacement, and there really isn’t one, so we need to make sure that the midfield is packed to take more of the weight off him. That might mean someone who can play out right, so as to allow Bernardo and Foden to graft in the middle.
Aside from unobtainables like Camavinga & Tchouameni, can anyone think of a CDM who can adequately cover & challenge Rodri?

I thought André or may Pahlinha, but now I'm struggling at the thought & not too sure...

Aside from unobtainables like Camavinga & Tchouameni, can anyone think of a CDM who can adequately cover & challenge Rodri?

I thought André or may Pahlinha, but now I'm struggling at the thought & not too sure...
I don’t think either of the first two has the physique and discipline to adequately cover for Rodri, and the other two are way off the required standard. He’s going to have to play, so we really need to get back to taking our chances and withdrawing Rodri at the earliest opportunity.

I don't think we necessarilly "NEED" to bring anyone in this upcoming window, but I do feel we have missed that goal threat from midfield that Gundo was for us.

Don't think it's Kova's style to be bursting into the box and poach goals the way Gundo did. I don't think Nunes is developed enough to fill that role.

If there was someone we could bring in to add that threat from midfield, I think we should do go for it. I just don't see anyone available that we could bring in that adds that threat.

I don’t think either of the first two has the physique and discipline to adequately cover for Rodri, and the other two are way off the required standard. He’s going to have to play, so we really need to get back to taking our chances and withdrawing Rodri at the earliest opportunity.
Dya mean Camavinga & Tchouameni?

What happened to Andre am I not right in thinking he was highly rated before Everton then did he not struggle or was he injured or something remember seeing people mention him before the game as if he was like a new signing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.