Jasmin Paris

normskih

I thought I would start this off as I couldn’t find a thread about this woman.
At the weekend, Jasmin Paris was the first woman to finish one of the world's hardest ultramarathons, the Barkley Marathons in Tennessee, which consists of covering 100 miles involving 60,000ft of climb and descent - about twice the height of the Mount Everest. This to be completed in a cut off time of 60 hours.
No beginner though as in 2019, she was the first female winner of the Montane Spine Race - known as "Britain's most brutal race". Not only did she win the 268-mile race, she smashed the course record by 12 hours in the process.
When I was younger and able to, I used to do a fair bit of running, mainly 10k’s. I was always shattered after it, heaven knows how she manages to do what she does. A truly remarkable woman.

At the weekend, Jasmin Paris was the first woman to finish one of the world's hardest ultramarathons, the Barkley Marathons in Tennessee, which consists of covering 100 miles involving 60,000ft of climb and descent - about twice the height of the Mount Everest. This to be completed in a cut off time of 60 hours.
No beginner though as in 2019, she was the first female winner of the Montane Spine Race - known as "Britain's most brutal race". Not only did she win the 268-mile race, she smashed the course record by 12 hours in the process.
When I was younger and able to, I used to do a fair bit of running, mainly 10k’s. I was always shattered after it, heaven knows how she manages to do what she does. A truly remarkable woman.

Is this the same woman who went blind during a race in the desert but carried on with her husband shouting at her which way to go, and still won?

Barking mad race.

I don’t know about that;)

This woman was on the radio one night, whether it’s the same one or not.

Apparently when you’re running in the desert for days on end, it’s not unusual to go temporarily blind. But normally it’s a sign to call it a day. But this mad fucker didn’t let that minor inconvenience put her off and just kept going.

Love watching all of the documentaries on YouTube about The Barkley Marathon.

Great achievement.

Great to see a thread about Jasmin and it has been discussed within the Running Thread but she is more than worthy of her own thread.

Just to add to the above the run consists of 5, 20 brutal mile loops and she was not only the first woman to finish but also the first woman to ever start the fifth loop, such is the difficulty of the race. Absolutely incredible achievement and arguably one of the greatest athletic achievements of all time.

It was an amazing achievement but it should not be about her being a woman as though loads of blokes do it all the time.
The simple fact is very few blokes complete this marathon. I watched a bloke who was praising her, he was an ultra marathon runner and yet he was unable to complete the course.
A truly amazing feat of endurance and as @Blue Maverick said, should be a shoe in for Spoty but they'd prefer Harry Kane or similar.

It was an amazing achievement but it should not be about her being a woman as though loads of blokes do it all the time.
The simple fact is very few blokes complete this marathon. I watched a bloke who was praising her, he was an ultra marathon runner and yet he was unable to complete the course.
A truly amazing feat of endurance and as @Blue Maverick said, should be a shoe in for Spoty but they'd prefer Harry Kane or similar.
Also the bloke running the full length of Africa he will finish in two weeks, these people need more recognition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.