Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyIreland

I think he deserves a thread because like many who have witnessed his performances,i have high hopes that this lad will make the grade with us.

An athletic 19 yr old with a powerful presence and good pace,he also has decent technical ability - still raw but he has been likened to Kompany with good reason.

A good insight.
-----------------------

Teenage Belgian defender Jason Denayer is loving life at Manchester City and wants to follow in the footsteps of Vincent Kompany.

The 19-year-old is playing for Manchester City's Elite Development Squad following a successful trial period.

He played his first games for City in May and signed a professional contract in July which keeps him at the club until 2016.

"There were also offers from Italy and other English clubs, also some Belgian ones," he told website Bediables.be.

"After they heard I had contacts with City they started to call me. I choose City because it was a huge challenge."

Denayer plays in the EDS defence with another Belgian, Mathias Bosaerts, who joined City in 2012 from Anderlecht.

"We talk French on the pitch. That's easier," he adds.

"When Patrick Vieira, our manager, gives his instructions in English, I don't understand him sometimes - I'm still learning English. Luckily French is also his mother tongue."

"I have already trained a few times with the first team. It was a huge experience for me," he said.

"Aguero, Nasri and David Silva are impressive players, but I learn the most from Vincent Kompany.

"He gives me good advice. This year I want to train more with the big boys, develop my skills and I also dream of some playing time, maybe in the cup or so.

"Next year I want to be a part of the first squad."

Previously, Denayer played for two years in the youth set-up of Anderlecht, but then decided to join the Belgian branch of the famous Academy Jean-Marc Guillou, which has already produced Kolo Toure (Liverpool), Yaya Toure (Man City), Emmanuel Eboue (Galatasaray) and Gervinho (AS Roma).

He spent five years there until his agent, who has good contacts with Kompany, asked to have a trial at Manchester City.

"We didn't play many games, only friendlies, but we trained with our bare feet in the beginning," reminisced Denayer, who used to be a striker before they put him in defence.

"It helps to develop your technical skills. Once you've reached a certain level, you're allowed to put on shoes. From then on the training is focused on technique and playing in small spaces."

sounds very ambitious, part of the squad next year is that realistic? certainly we cant wait around forever, he is 19 now so should be getting close to being considered if he is as good as some on here tell us

Tbilisi said:
Seen so many players I thought would make it in the past but this lad looks good

He also wants to be the best,i love the fact he states he chose us to test himself at the highest level.

A combination of desire and ability will serve him very well.

He does look very good, but I'd consider a loan first as he hasn't even kicked a ball in senior football and there's no telling how he'll adapt. Why not send him out in January for half a season?

LoveCity said:
He does look very good, but I'd consider a loan first as he hasn't even kicked a ball in senior football and there's no telling how he'll adapt. Why not send him out in January for half a season?

That would probably be the wisest move.

A club like Burnley would be a perfect fit.

A strong league in a team full of confidence.

Went to Norwich last week to watch the EDS play for the 1st time and from the 1st whistle this lad stood out..... even though he is a central defender I would consider him now at left back as he clearly prefers the left side .......... I remember Boyata being chucked in to the deep end , this lad is a class above.... the left back is our big problem area.....

Just watched the EDS v Stoke and this lad stood out by a mile. Haven't really seen much of him before tonight but based on that I think he can go very very far.

A loan move to very good club is vital for his development and hopefully he can compete with Karim Rekik for a place in our squad and maybe push for a first team slot.

Ray78 said:
A loan move to very good club is vital for his development and hopefully he can compete with Karim Rekik for a place in our squad and maybe push for a first team slot.

I think he will surpass Rekik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.