Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
Petetheblu said:
Neville Kneville said:
I think that some of Demichelis weaknesses, such as leaving his position to try & pinch the ball off strikers then missing it, would not be a problem if he was in front of the defence. He would be effectively closing down space quickly, & the striker who turns him would be running straight into Vincent Kompany.

He would be much better defensively than Garcia. Hard to tell if he would be a liability on the ball in that position though.

Dermichellis is less mobile and even his short passing can be shocking, if City are concerned about Javi then they will sort it but I doubt it would be with Martin.

I've been crtitcal about some elements of MDM's play but whilst he may not be the most mobile, I definitely reckon he is more mobile than Garcia, mainly because he has something that Garcia almost never appears to have, a sense of urgency. MDM's passing is a bit hit and miss but he can also complete passes that Garcia wouldn't even have the balls to try. Consequently, I reckon he would slow the progress of our attacks down much less than Garcia does. I'd be surprised if pellegrini would be too bothered about the dodgy elements of MDM's play if he was playing infront of the defence because he doesn't even seem particularly concerned about them when he is at centre half.

Garcia passed the ball directly to Blackburn, under no pressure, on about 4 occasions. He rarely succeeds with anything but mundane passes, often backwards. If he tries anything adventurous, he often gets it wrong. Demichelis is guilty of similar but it's certainly not worse & it's more difficult to pass through midfield from the back, under pressure.

Demichelis however, is much better defensively. It could be that he is even worse than Garcia in that mid position, but if we find ourselves 4 up, with Demichelis on the bench, I would like to see him tried there, because if it worked it could be a very good way of protecting the dodgy defence in a tough away game.

Well worth the experiment.

We should have swapped Garcia with Fellani in the summer before the rags got their hands on him!

He's proving now what a real CDM is made of at Old Trafford!

Well played tonight Javi.

A good cog in a superb performance.

sorry lads but he was shocking tonight.

The sheer amount of times in the first half the ball was passed to him, and it looked like he was wading in quicksand trying to get 3 yards to the ball while a West Ham player much further away almost got there. I counted 6 such occasions.

I wont say bad of him but he's never gonna cut it.

BringBackSwales said:
Played well tonight; no doubt he will still get slagged off by the sly mouths in here, but played well

Agreed I could hear people boing him what the team was announced utter fucktards Javier did well today give the guy some credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.