Jeff Beck RIP

So grateful that I was able to see him live and listen to how he carried the instrument of his choice.

An incredible master certainly amongst the best for talent and emotion.

RIP good man.

Sad news , remember seeing him at free trade hall around 1974 when he was touring Beck Bogart and Appice
Was at the same gig, aged about 14, they did a marvellous version of Superstition
Got on the stage at the end and shook his hand before being thrown off by roadies
Was very loud IIRC
RIP

Was only watching a video of him last night and reading that he had a thing with Julia Carling for six years when she was 18 lucky devil.
I didn't know until recently, that his wife was Sandra Cash (she played "Jack Nicholson's" girlfriend in the brilliant Stella Street).

A sad day

FFS there are going to be some wild concerts over on the other side, some serious musicians lost in the last few weeks.

RIP

I was at a Jeff Beck gig some years ago. While he was giving an immaculate exhibition of blues rock in his own inimitable style, a group of ne’er do wells kept calling for Hi Ho Silver Lining which he abhorred. He was persuaded to do it by, I think, Mickey Most. He said it was the biggest regret of his professional career. Anyhow, we drowned out these calls and the ne’er do wells were silenced. Beck did not sing that odious anthem.
One thing JB did for some years was to reserve a section of some of his solo gigs for a tribute to Hank Marvin. Some rock fans found this odd, but many modern players site Marvin as an influence as he pioneered the use of the Stratocaster by British bands in the 50s.
Beck was a man of many influences which came through in his unique style. A fine artist indeed.
RIP Jeff Beck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.