Jeff Stelling

Mark Chapman would be great but I think we all know they’ll take the opportunity to tick a diversity box, rightly or wrongly.
I’d argue he’s in a beleaguered minority. Someone who’s not a shouty fan boy, seems to know his football and hides his allegiances for the greater good. How many of these are there?

I must confess, during the 2000/2001 season I hated Jeff Stelling and I'll tell you why.
We was playing Tottenham at home when Rebrov scored in the 90th minute and we couldn't score in a brothel, all season I might add. So of course he announces in his iconic style ".....And there's been a late late goal at Maine Road, and if you're a Manchester City fan look away now...." with the biggest fuckoff grin from ear to ear. I was half cut by that time and Stelling saying that finished me off and up to bed I went absolutely distraught.

I mean he did that a few times when there was goals in our matches mainly to the other team but we was awful so we got the bum treatment.

He's a great presenter and I'll miss his style and the banter he had.

I never watched it loads and always thought he was good at his job. But when the video of him, merson and thompson talking about the kdb transfer started going viral, they responded.
Merson held his hands up and said he was wrong. Stelling of course said he was wrong but couldn't just leave it at that. He had to defend himself saying well everyone thought the same as them.
I thought that was quite embarrassing that he couldnt just admit he was wrong and move on. Especially when his excuse was a load of bollocks anyway. Kdb was clearly a future star and alot of people knew he was going to be.

Has he announced his return yet or is he waiting just before the champions league final ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.