Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch him most weeks (Rennes fan) and your description is still accurate, unfortunately. Fast, tricky, and wonderful to watch on his day. The only problem is that "his day" doesn't come around often enough. Very inconsistent and frustrating player, and a far cry from City levels at the moment, in my opinion. Very wasteful in the final third more often than not. He'd definitely give us a different dimension as a player who can run fast as fuck and likes to take defenders on all the time, but he'd waste a hell of a lot of chances and probably piss off the fans quite quickly. Even Rennes fans who have pretty low standards get very wound up with him.

If we are genuinely looking at Olise and Doku, I'd have the lad with 11 Prem assists to his name last season over Doku any day of the week. Olise seems a cut above in terms of consistency and end product, as well as being Prem proven. Would blow me away if the club chose Doku. One of the weirdest signings I think we could make.
I don't get the appeal

We appear to be fucking with people over targets. Rice for Arsenal. This guy maybe for Barca. Olise and Chelsea.

But you never know. Cards close to chest is the way.

My ill formed opinion is that Olise looks a better fit than Doku. He plays with his head up, and I love that left foot. Plus there is something about him I warm to.

Who would you liked to be linked with that's realistic?
It all depends what you class as realistic. If we aren't willing to pay what clubs want then nobody is realistic.

If we are willing to pay then I'd pay what Napoli want for Kvratskheilia

Fbref stats for people.

Not very involved in build up (or his team is very counterattacking for low passing).

But his goals and expected assista look very high.

His dribbling and progressive is actually insane though.

I kind of like this one, he can be amazing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801_122900_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_122900_Chrome.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 32
It all depends what you class as realistic. If we aren't willing to pay what clubs want then nobody is realistic.

If we are willing to pay then I'd pay what Napoli want for Kvratskheilia
sadly with how we are doing Gvardiol’s deal then it is unlikely for Kvara, sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.