Jermaine Defoe's Father

gaudinho's stolen car

Has apparently died so he has obviously headed home. Best wishes to him and his family.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18352148?utm_source=www.sports-index.co.uk&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/1 ... um=twitter</a>

England striker Jermain Defoe has returned home from the team's Euro 2012 training base in Krakow following the death of his father.
The Tottenham forward is expected to return to the squad in due course and no replacement will be called up.
England's first match is on Monday against France.
Wayne Rooney is ineligible for the first two matches of the tournament, and the other strikers in the squad are Danny Welbeck and Andy Carroll.
Defoe appeared as a late substitute in England's final warm-up match, hitting the post in a 1-0 victory over Belgium at Wembley on Saturday.
It is not certain when the striker will return to the squad but he was not expected to start in any case against France.
The 29-year-old made his 47th England appearance last weekend, a record 30 of which have been as a subsitute.
Following the news of his return home a Spurs statement said: "Everyone at the Club sends their sincere condolences to Jermain and his family."

Does anyone know when the final squad has to be declared? Not sure whether Jermaine would want to play after that so might need to call up Sturridge

ell said:
Does anyone know when the final squad has to be declared? Not sure whether Jermaine would want to play after that so might need to call up Sturridge
Who gives a FUCK about England his father just past away you insensitive bastard!! I´m absolutely gutted right now. My thought goes out to Jermain & his family.

ell said:

Although in the grand scheme of things this matters not one jot the FA have said no replacement will be called up

nehe11 said:
ell said:
Who gives a FUCK about England his father just past away you insensitive bastard!! I´m absolutely gutted right now. My thought goes out to Jermain & his family.

Shut up you tosser.

nehe11 said:
ell said:

Its a totally legitimate question to ask (obviously not to Defoe).

ell said:
The BBC are stating no replacement will be called up and Defoe will return to Poland "in time", however it's also likely he'll not be available for the France game. Highlights Woy's strange decision to only name 4 strikers when Wooney was missing the first 2 games. Injury, suspension or something unforseen (like Defoe's tragic news) and you're down to just 2 strikers, and they're Welbeck and Carroll!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.