Jobs in London...

bluecityste

A bit random to post this on here but i was having a look on Bluemoon in between writing a CV and waiting for Red dippers V Rags to kick off.

Basically i'm looking to move to London (Kingston) in the next couple of months and wondered if there were any fellow blues who either worked or had connections in South, West or Central London who may know where there were any decent jobs going for a fellow blue?!

Obviously a bit of a long shot asking on here, but thought i'd give it a go as would rather work with a blue than some Cockney Red!!

bluecityste said:
A bit random to post this on here but i was having a look on Bluemoon in between writing a CV and waiting for Red dippers V Rags to kick off.

Basically i'm looking to move to London (Kingston) in the next couple of months and wondered if there were any fellow blues who either worked or had connections in South, West or Central London who may know where there were any decent jobs going for a fellow blue?!

Obviously a bit of a long shot asking on here, but thought i'd give it a go as would rather work with a blue than some Cockney Red!!

Depends what do you do?

You could provide a few details of your experience and what it is that you'd like to do.

Kingston is a nice area, though.

Ok, I'm a 27 year-old part qualified accountant with almost 7 years experience of working in accountancy practice. I'm not a graduate but educated upto A Level standard.

I didn't post details previously as I was interested to see what (if anything) anyone came up with - I don't mind switching to something that may prove to be more rewarding or satisfying.

I'll be house sharing with my 2 brothers (both blues) and a mate so it shouldn't work out to be expensive with the rent going 4 ways and drinks & eating out is actually cheaper than where I live now (which isn't very fair seeing as I live in a rural area of Norfolk, which has much lower average wages than many areas let alone Kingston but I guess thats the laws of competition).

Anyway, thanks for reading guys and if you do know of anything i'm all ears ;)

Your experience could be valuable in the City. Good place for a Blue to work with a name like that.

Commuting would be easy enough with a train to Waterloo and the Waterloo & City tube to Bank.

I can't really help with good recruiters around there. Not my scene.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Jesus wept.....what a vague post....

Go to totajobs or something, I think you'll have more luck there.

this mate,

find what sort of industry you want to go in on total jobs, and spend all day sending out your CV and you should have some responses and go by that route. I have had a few interviews out of total jobs so far. You will also get involved with a few agencies this way who will constantly put you forward for jobs.

peoffrey said:
Your experience could be valuable in the City. Good place for a Blue to work with a name like that.

Commuting would be easy enough with a train to Waterloo and the Waterloo & City tube to Bank.

I can't really help with good recruiters around there. Not my scene.

Regarding the City without a degree coupled with no relevant experience the chances of an interview for an accounting post would be close to zero let alone a securing a job.

do you have any portable skills such as strong VBA experience?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.