Joe Cole

Even Mourhino found it hard to get the best out of Joe Cole. In his early days at Chelsea he was shit and was often taken off early. He then got better under Jose and done OK at Chelsea. I dont think anyone can get the best out of him. I thought that was 1 of Liverpools better signings when he first went there but it just didnt work out for him there.

Jose see him as a bit of a Fancy Dan but got the best out of him. Same with players like Duff and Robben. They had flair but done the nitty gritty too.

Considering all the hype throughout the years, he was a bit of a disappointment really. Showed shades of brilliance for West Ham and Chelsea but not consistently enough.

That goal against Sweden was fantastic, the only real decent thing I see him do for England.

I think the skillful bit however is true, he has a lot of skill. Players like Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes were better players but less skill. Wilshere will probably be a better player too.

Cole went to Liverpool for the money, he could have gone to any club really. Harry tried to get him in but wages were an issue. Maybe Harry could have revived his career? Who knows really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isuqe8IbYnQ[/youtube]

I rate this as one of the greatest goals ever scored by England.

Joe Cole is a merc. He joined Liverpool with no champions league football in the process because they offered him the highest wages.

IH8MUFC said:
Joe Cole is a merc. He joined Liverpool with no champions league football in the process because they offered him the highest wages.

Liverpool are a big club,on paper it was a good move for him,i don't think it was a mercenary move.

Its a shame with Joe Cole with the right mentoring some luck with injuries and playing a position a bit like Silva does for us he could of been the best English player probably better than Gazza but it never really worked out for him, some bad choices himself along the way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.