Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting what Pep had to say about the Hart situation in the presser:

“Of course it is not an ideal situation but I will respect their contracts and the situation. I will be clear what will be the solution.

“If all four stay here the best solution is for everybody to be involved in our idea. They are going to be involved in our idea.

“They are going to be in rotation, part of that. So Joe, Willy and Angus stay then it won’t be the same one who is always on the bench.

“Maybe they go into rotation to find a solution - the best for us and them. They need to play. The situation is not easy right now.”

Seems like they are beginning to except that Joe could very well still be here with us after the transfer window closes.

I am so fuckin bored of this joe hart situation.

Roll on Sunday few beers , good game , good company and 3 points. That's what's important.

Was it his age that led you to this hypothesis or the signing of Rulli?
Both, and the supposed interest in Ter Stergen prior to Bravo.
Of course, it's a guess, but it feels much more a case of needing to replace Hart than actively desiring Bravo.
It would make more sense (to me) for Bravo to buy us some time to keep a lookout for a younger / better keeper. Willy will probably then leave, and Bravo become our number two.
Our signing / not really a signing of Rulli is actually more like placing a reservation on him in the hope he comes good, but it does suggest Pep's got a young keepers on his mind.
To my mind, I don't think he'd want to drill a new system into the defence without an experienced goalkeeper (already capable of his system). Once it's second nature to the defenders, then maybe he can introduce a younger keeper - but that could be 2 years down the line.

Last edited:
I wonder if Hart sees offers from other clubs as being beneath him?

If he stays i bet he gets the League Cup games. I'm intrigued to see how rotating the keepers will effect our back 4 and their thinking.

Of course we have to trust the boss but that doesn't mean there aren't misgivings. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

At the moment Pep is unimpeachable. Fast forward a few months and, if Bravo hasn't proved a significant upgrade, the "Joe camp" will have plenty to say. If, however, we are pissing the league and Claudio has excelled, all will be forgiven, Joe will be a distant memory and Pep will indeed be a god.

I think Joe is the one they want to move. Papers reporting that City's sporting director Txiki Begiristain said they want to make the goalkeeper 'happy'.

'We will try to find a good solution for everybody,' Begiristain said. 'We now have one week to make him happy and find a club where he has a real chance. We will try and help him because he deserves it.'

It sounds like either Joe won't except being demoted to a #2 or the club fully intended to move him on and were waiting on the conclusion of the Bravo deal to ensure they had coverage. I originally thought it was a spat with Pep but I think it's become clear the club don't want him to be here at the end of the transfer window. I really think both the club and Pep have been caught a little off guard at how just unpopular the decision was. I truly believe the club will try to find him the best solution because they have to be aware that the English media is going to hound them over the dropping of the England No. 1.

I dont think Pep/Txiki will give a flying fukc what the media say. Their interest is what's best for our club, not what they think the media will do if we drop an England player.

In the clubs eyes, they will surely see it as a popular decision as we are improving, are we not?

It's going to be very difficult I think to find Joe a suitable team where he'd be #1 with the time left, even on loan. If he stays, his England spot is gone too I reckon. Why wasn't all of this clear when he came back in preseason? Seems a bit late to have put this on him.

How do you know it wasn't? I very much doubt the club would simply do this now as it's in our interest to to get a decent team for him.

Hope this doesn't come across as being a silly question. But if Joe is going to become #2 behind Bravo, why was he not #1 ahead of Willy?
If Joe stays then Pep can drill the processes into him and then if he is good enough he can claim the No.2 slot and push Bravo for the 1st team..

I hope he stays myself...

Hope this doesn't come across as being a silly question. But if Joe is going to become #2 behind Bravo, why was he not #1 ahead of Willy?
Pep said willy had a fully pre-season and he liked how he took on board his ideas so he played him,he also said he is not saying that joe can't do it but needs time to learn,if joe does stay i think the no 2 will be up for grabs providing joe learns fast
I hope joe gets a move and not to the relegation teams some twats have suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.