Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by bugsyblue, 4 May 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metalartin

Metalartin

Hows his form been, has he been making a difference or is it too soon to say?

2. Forza Toro

Forza Toro

A good save on 1-1 but palermo didn't create big dangers. The important thing is that he gives confidence to the defenders. They know they are in good hands and this is a big upgrade for us. Anyway tonight the game was decided mostly by ljaic with 2 amazing goals. Next sunday vs lazio will be a big test to understand where we can go.

3. Metalartin

Metalartin

Hope he puts in a blinding performance for you in the derby, he's had games at City where he saved us a lot of blushes or even made the difference between a win or a draw(in the Champions League especially), I wish him the best of luck.

4. Bigga

Bigga

Father/ Boys' u8's Climbing Frame!
    The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    Your point is as much guess as anyone else's.

However, I will go off seeing Joe perform his 'starfish', learned from the Big Red Cnut who was our keeper, once.

Joe did it enough times, over the years, knowing when to come out to help his defender out.

He'd have closed Lukaku down quicker.

Much quicker, making his own luck, as a result.

5. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Indeed he is. Best there is at stopping forwards running at you, especially in a one-on-one situation. The rest of his keeping is better than average but other keepers are better and his passing technique isn't great.

The thing is, the surging run and the one-on-one are the situations where it is most likely that we will concede goals the way we now play. As such City have made a trade off. superb passing against the ability to prevent a break away goal.

I think the ability to pass is more important and in reality the goal we conceded at the weekend should not have stopped us winning.

I still think Joe will become better than competent at passing given time. Sadly City don't have time.

Still, good luck to Joe, who is clearly making a big difference at Torino.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2016
  6. Terra Passenger

Terra Passenger

Uh, my point being that there's virtually no time to react between the time when Clichy is beaten and when Lukaku drills his point blank shot? How is that a guess?

Rewatch the goal beginning at 1:30 - kind of hard to follow the action and stop it frame by frame isn't it? It happens so fast.

If you're arguing that some keeper might have moved into a slightly different position and thereby deflected/stopped Lukaku's shot - no disagreement.

If you're arguing that such action should have been taken by Bravo and that Bravo should have done better... just wow! It would have been down to sheer luck to stop Lukaku's shot.

7. Bigga

Bigga

Father/ Boys' u8's Climbing Frame!
    The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    Thus the point being Joe would have made his own luck by coming out to help Clichy, earlier, which he has done time and again, previously.

You should watch Joe, in action, on this point.

I'm sure there's plenty out there on film.

8. waspish

waspish

Kind of agree after rewatching it. Clichy should of ran right at him and try to take him out instead he backed off.

9. Blue Mooner

Blue Mooner

He has done that granted, however there have been many occasions where Harts dithering and indecision have cost us goals. West Ham away and PSG away being the best examples.

To use Lukaku's goal to in some way demonstrate Bravo’s weakness is frankly laughable. His positioning was pretty much spot on. It was a great finish.

10. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    Nope. Predictive text is a Shitter though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.