Joe Hart or Willy Caballero

Neither. 90 mins today confirmed what we all thought and thats a new keeper will be here sooner rather than later.

Doesnt mean Joe is shit or Willy for that matter, it just means they dont fit with the way Pep wants us to play.

+1

both solid Keepers but with Pep its all about fitting the system and neither is the "right" fit for Pep long term....seems to becoming more clearer all the time that Pep wants a new No1 and that No1 keeper is not currently in the squad..

Willy's two clearances outside of his box today showed why he is picked before Hart today. That's what Pep wants from keepers to do.

It seems Joe is finished for us, sad but we move on. Clearly Pep wants his sweeper keeper and it seems that is going to be crucial for his system, so I imagine new Guy in soon.

Top quality keepers win you titles, sentiment dosen't, joe's been quality for us but pep's obv decided hes not good enough, we have to trust & back pep, in 2yrs time he may decide silva's no longer good enough? hes been the best player i've ever had the pleasure of seeing in a city shirt...but where does sentiment get you

Disappointed Joe was benched, I guess this means we're getting Ter Stegen or Rui Patricio soon. I hope he goes somewhere where he'll gets playing time, he's too good to be a backup goalkeeper.

Don't get this Joe can't play the pep way stuff, his footwork is ten times better than cabellero's... And he's always coming out of his box taking the ball on his chest etc.. I'm wondering whether behind closed doors pep has questioned his attitude or something? Pretty sure plenty of prem clubs will be monitoring his situation tho, hope we don't let him go cheaply, I'd rather be stayed but looks almost inevitable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.