Joey Barton

I actually think that's a pretty harsh sentence in the circumstances.

Give over.... what about the variables of his mates in a game?? It constitutes insider information which can stack the odds in his favour...

Having just checked a few of his bets against team sheets, it's easy to see why he's been given such a stern sentence!!

That is more than honest from him,and must be applauded.

He won't be alone in doing this activity,hundreds of them will,I mean he was hardly throwing thousands on,I'm a bit miffed for him to be honest,I know he isn't everyones cup of tea like,but one thing you can never take away from the guy,he always gave his best shot for us,well I saw it like that anyway.

People will laugh and sneer at him,but it is a pretty sad way for his career to end like that

Enforced honesty meeesh... he hasn't got an honest bone in his body..

As stated above, we can more than assume he had information pertaining to 'big' player injuries, which would undoubtedly stack the odds in his favour!

Give over.... what about the variables of his mates in a game?? It constitutes insider information which can stack the odds in his favour...

Having just checked a few of his bets against team sheets, it's easy to see why he's been given such a stern sentence!!
Exactly, also he can talk to the players who are going to play the game, how can anyone "prove" he hasn't had a word with them? He can say "my integrity isn't in question", but that's not remotely true. As soon as you bet against your own team, you are done.

Not a fan of his but he's entirely correct to point out how unhealthy the relationship is between football and the gambling industry. In my opinion it's completely unethical that people should be bombarded with gambling advertisements when watching televised sporting events. It's entirely up to an individual whether or not they choose to gamble or not, but we have to accept that it is something that people can become addicted to and it can have devastating consequences for both the addict and their family and therefore I'd rather we saw the advertising of it banned. A lot of the adverts we see encourage impulsive gambling and I think that's pretty dangerous.

Even as an addict, there's plenty of things he could have been gambling on outside of football, so im not sure that side of his argument entirely tallies. That said, im not a gambling addict myself so it's impossible for me to understand someone in that position. Gambling on his own team to lose though is definitely something that can't be excused. Even if he wasn't playing in those matches he could be deemed to have had inside information and influence on the squad, there's no way something like that cant go unpunished.

What a twat,hope he won't get paid and booted out of the club
I'm amazed at how many chances in the game he has been given,once a **** and all that

Not a fan of his but he's entirely correct to point out how unhealthy the relationship is between football and the gambling industry. In my opinion it's completely unethical that people should be bombarded with gambling advertisements when watching televised sporting events. It's entirely up to an individual whether or not they choose to gamble or not, but we have to accept that it is something that people can become addicted to and it can have devastating consequences for both the addict and their family and therefore I'd rather we saw the advertising of it banned. A lot of the adverts we see encourage impulsive gambling and I think that's pretty dangerous.

Even as an addict, there's plenty of things he could have been gambling on outside of football, so im not sure that side of his argument entirely tallies. That said, im not a gambling addict myself so it's impossible for me to understand someone in that position. Gambling on his own team to lose though is definitely something that can't be excused. Even if he wasn't playing in those matches he could be deemed to have had inside information and influence on the squad, there's no way something like that cant go unpunished.
Classic deflection by him

Exactly, also he can talk to the players who are going to play the game, how can anyone "prove" he hasn't had a word with them? He can say "my integrity isn't in question", but that's not remotely true. As soon as you bet against your own team, you are done.

It's a hollow excuse when it's broken down... he has hung himself further with the statement as he has pointed towards feeding his habit, absolute bollocks, if this were the case, he'd of bet on joe bloggs vs NafNaf fc, he knowingly bet on games to give him an advantage....

Fuck the Scouse **** and good riddance!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.