Joey Barton

There wasn't anything about underage boys though was there?

Even GB News didn't actually go that far.

He first met him when he was a child but there's no evidence he established a close relationship at that time.

He knows he can get away with exaggerating things because neither ITV or Schofield will sue him because they want to move on from that. Inappropriate, yes. It's not likely there was an institutional paedophile ring though is it?
It’s not how social media works though.

Because you’ve written that, you are now a nonce sympathiser that needs cancelling.

I try not to listen to the punditry as much as I can these days. I hear some of it when City are on because I want to hear Pep's post match interview but that's it.

I changed the way I viewed football on tv during the 2018/19 season, more specifically in the final month or so of the season. It was mainly due to Jamie Carragher. It was the tightest and therefore most stressful run in I'd experienced in my life and I was on edge about our results.

Before the late derby at Old Trafford, my lad's Sunday league team (that I coached) needed another team to lose a game in hand to stay up. Instead of sitting down to watch the gibbering scouse imbecile, cheering United on, I went to watch this under 12's match with my assistant who was a red but wanted us to win the league. The result went our way which put me in a good mood and we arrived at my house as the teams walked out of the tunnel at (Really) Old Trafford.

In that one decision, I realised that I don't need the fuckwits they pay to bore us all with their inane ramblings trying to tell me what to think and raising my stress levels.

If I'm at a mate's house now and they have a match on, I hear it because it is right there. Some of the absolute clowns that get work across the channels are staggering. I'm thinking Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday, Carragher, Michael Owen, Paul Scholes, Steve McManaman (who openly admits that he'd rather be somewhere else as soon as full time arrives, Eni Aluko, Clinton Morrison, Joe Cole and many others who I can't think of.

The better ones are Roy Keane (I know he plays the pantomime villain but he says what he sees at least), Alan Shearer mostly (although he does have moments like when he told Mario Balotelli to come back when he'd won something - erm, he's won as many Premier Leagues as you Alan as well as the FA Cup, Serie A, Champions League...), Jill Scott, Nedum Onouha and Graeme Souness (although he does like an agenda). Emma Hayes knows her stuff but that droll, Eastenders style drawl that she has, added to her boring all and sundry to death with tactical notes during the Russia World Cup has turned me off listening to her for good.

Joey Barton has gone absolutely loco over the past month or so. We always knew he was a head the ball but this weekend in particular, he's gone after Philip Schofield, ITV, Gary Neville, parts of the black community, Union Berlin, the nation of Germany and fuck knows who else. He seriously needs help before he does or tweets something that lands him in all kinds of shit.

There's no doubt whatsoever that a lot of pundits are there to tick boxes but for Christ's sake Joey - go after all of the shit ones instead of just the female ones. Anyone thinking he's doing well in all this because he's gone after Gary Neville (decent when he sticks to football instead of trying to be the spokesperson for all and sundry and using his platform to incite riots) need to have a lie down.

Joey Barton is a nasty, vindictive piece of shit who simply doesn't know when to stop digging.
for me...and I hope I'm wrong ...it looks like the start of a long suicide note.

He wouldn’t take it. He’d be scrutinised with a tooth comb.

Far easier to throw generic barbs from the sidelines that the perceived oppressed can latch on to.
It's the same reason Farage immediately backed away from mainstream politics as soon as Brexit happened. His entire career was about sitting on the sidelines and complaining about the EU because there was a lot of money to be made from Euroscepticism. Then we actually left the EU - which, in private, he definitely didn't want and didn't anticipate - so he resigned in a flash and started complaining about culture war stuff instead. The sooner we realise as a nation that the likes of Barton, Farage, Morgan, etc. are just grifting hardworking people by winding them up the sooner we can start fixing society and actually trying to make things better.

If Barton actually believed any of the shite he was writing about female pundits then it'd be worth debating him on it, but the truth is he knows his career in football is over so he's pivoted to GB News/InfoWars topics in a bid to make a name for himself over there. He did the same thing about 10 years ago, just on the other side of the political spectrum. He made all this noise about how he was reading books now, wearing suits and round glasses, came out in favour of same-sex marriage, all that stuff. That died a death on Question Time when he exposed himself as the same thick bastarding troglodyte he's always been so he tried to get back into football.

He made a decent go of lower-league management and probably could have made a nice career for himself if he'd stuck it out, but it's clear these days that the real money - a regular stream of income that doesn't come with the pressure of football management - is just raging against anything perceived as "woke" and becoming a rent-a-gob representative of curtain twitchers and football hooligans everywhere. You can see it in his tweets that he's just seeing how far he can go before he gets "cancelled" (hence the Fred & Rose West tweet) and then he can spin that into a book deal, TV spots, etc. etc. He's already been on Piers Morgan's TalkTV show, hasn't he?

When he's got as much attention as he can from female pundits he'll move on to something else. "Women's football shouldn't be on the BBC" or "Gay footballers should stay in the closet" will probably be next. Then he'll see if he can get away with suggesting that "There aren't enough English lads coming through at Premier League academies" and if that goes down okay he might test a quick "There's too many black players in the England team" line. He won't believe any of it, he's just another Clarkson type who gets paid to pretend he's angry about something.

There's a whole industry for it and social media has given them all too much oxygen.

It's the same reason Farage immediately backed away from mainstream politics as soon as Brexit happened. His entire career was about sitting on the sidelines and complaining about the EU because there was a lot of money to be made from Euroscepticism. Then we actually left the EU - which, in private, he definitely didn't want and didn't anticipate - so he resigned in a flash and started complaining about culture war stuff instead. The sooner we realise as a nation that the likes of Barton, Farage, Morgan, etc. are just grifting hardworking people by winding them up the sooner we can start fixing society and actually trying to make things better.

If Barton actually believed any of the shite he was writing about female pundits then it'd be worth debating him on it, but the truth is he knows his career in football is over so he's pivoted to GB News/InfoWars topics in a bid to make a name for himself over there. He did the same thing about 10 years ago, just on the other side of the political spectrum. He made all this noise about how he was reading books now, wearing suits and round glasses, came out in favour of same-sex marriage, all that stuff. That died a death on Question Time when he exposed himself as the same thick bastarding troglodyte he's always been so he tried to get back into football.

He made a decent go of lower-league management and probably could have made a nice career for himself if he'd stuck it out, but it's clear these days that the real money - a regular stream of income that doesn't come with the pressure of football management - is just raging against anything perceived as "woke" and becoming a rent-a-gob representative of curtain twitchers and football hooligans everywhere. You can see it in his tweets that he's just seeing how far he can go before he gets "cancelled" (hence the Fred & Rose West tweet) and then he can spin that into a book deal, TV spots, etc. etc. He's already been on Piers Morgan's TalkTV show, hasn't he?

When he's got as much attention as he can from female pundits he'll move on to something else. "Women's football shouldn't be on the BBC" or "Gay footballers should stay in the closet" will probably be next. Then he'll see if he can get away with suggesting that "There aren't enough English lads coming through at Premier League academies" and if that goes down okay he might test a quick "There's too many black players in the England team" line. He won't believe any of it, he's just another Clarkson type who gets paid to pretend he's angry about something.

There's a whole industry for it and social media has given them all too much oxygen.
100%. Absolutely nailed social media grift here.

They're also anti everything and very seldom pro anything barring how things used to be.

Nice idea, but I think your giving him way too much credit for having a strategy. This guy is an uneducated thug who types without any thought. The same thug who has previously attacked at least three people in mindless acts of violence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.