squirtyflower said:
The usual bollocks, nothing new
Too many superstars
Too many egos
Won't play for each other
We'll see what they're like when things go bad

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Barnes is a fat loser

Can i please get a lift on your wagon matey, it agrees with my sensibilities aka "This" :)

I remember him playing but i dont remember him being that good tbh. My old man reckons he was gash and he basically stole a living of that match against Brazil. Can i get an opinion of the older posters as it's possible my old man just hated him as he is of the raggish persuasion.

TCIB said:
squirtyflower said:
Too many superstars
Too many egos

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Barnes is a fat loser

Can i please get a lift on your wagon matey, it agrees with my sensibilities aka "This" :)

I remember him playing but i dont remember him being that good tbh. My old man reckons he was gash and he basically stole a living of that match against Brazil. Can i get an opinion of the older posters as it's possible my old man just hated him as he is of the raggish persuasion.
To be fair, for a few years at Liverpool Barnes was the most exciting player in the league and was part of an unusually attcking Liverpool team

TCIB said:
squirtyflower said:
Too many superstars
Too many egos

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Barnes is a fat loser

He was awesome at club level but as far as England were concerned he was indeed living off that goal against Brazil.
He just never seemed to be arsed about playing for England and it was the same half arsed performance every time he played. Loads of caps and didn't deserve half of them. Very frustrating to watch him ripping up the league for Liverpool and then go missing in internationals.

ANY1aBLUE said:
He's entitled to his opinion - didn't sound too far from the possible truth to me. The likelihood is that United will bounce back and that Liverpool will get better. We don't know if City can keep this up as we've never been here before.

Lets be right, some City players have displayed a less than 'were all in this together attitude' (Balo,Dzeko,Tevez,AJ etc and now Kolo Toure).

I wish some City fans would stop being so bloody paranoid. Just enjoy watching the pundits having big dollops of egg on faces and keep fingers crossed Barnes is wrong!

Whilst I don't always agree with the paranoid on here, John Barnes is a cretin and this particular article is full of clichéd crap!

What has Balo done to suggest 'we're not all in it together'? What have AJ and Dzeko done, be disappointed at being subbed? The day to worry about footballers is when they are not disappointed to not be playing.

Tevez I'll give you but he'll play no further part in the season so I'll take it back off you.

I wish people would comment on what they actually see day in day out at training and at the games. The videos, training reports and the performances on the pitch show us nothing other than a vibrant squad all happy and all 'in it together'.

The only thing to worry about with our squad is the mentality aspect of challenging on all fronts.As a club we might be new to this but we've had two years under Mancini now and the squad is full of seasoned, experienced internationals that have won trophies here and abroad.

John Barnes 'Liverpool could even finish above Manchester City'....if this happens I'll run through Liverpool naked on a Saturday afternoon. You can quote me on that!

Didn't Suarez have a strop after being subbed recently?

Or has that been airbrushed from 'istree

His other argument is that United and Liverpool are buying for the longer term and will find more stability than City. "I believe what's going to happen now is that players won't stay at clubs for so long, especially the foreign players. What Sir Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish are doing is signing players they think will stay for years. Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam, they're not going to be looking to move anywhere else. Look at City now with Tevez, and what you get with foreign players who really have no allegiance to the club."

Have to agree with this. We need the likes of Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam to bring some stability to the club.

Thanks stony and squirty, ill bash my dad with that a bit (he still hates them for the dominance they had before his bunch.

moomba said:
Didn't Suarez have a strop after being subbed recently?

Or has that been airbrushed from 'istree

No no remember if it is anyone but us it is passion and desire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.