Johnson ko's City deal.

Dubai Blue said:
zandvoort blue said:
No player would sign any deal with City under the current climate. Let`s see what happens after the dust has settled.

Well, Dunne, Richards, Ben Haim and Jo have all recently signed new contracts, and I'm sure Johnson would do too if we caved in to his ridiculous demands. Why should the current climate affect the players? They'll still get paid.

Fact is, Johnson rates himself too highly. There is no way he is currently worth more than 25k a week. If we sold him for 8m, and brought in Bullard for 3m, I doubt anyone would notice the difference.

I think that would be great business to be honest

he has played less than 50 games for us. deserves a bit more time to develop as he is playing in a young team in the premiership. does he deserve more than 12 grand, i think so considering that when he is fit then he will start most games for us. not many prem teams have their best central midfielder on 12 grand a week, anyone know what gels is on?

I reckon, since he has 3 yrs left, fook negoitations off, let him play this year, then sell him. That way, he HAS to play for a move to one of the the 'bigger' clubs or his value goes down and no one above our current level will want him.

If he plays well, we get more money. If he doesn't we'll get decent money and he goes to an average/ below average club.

Done... and done!

The timing seems unfortunate. I cannot imagine Johnson or his agent exploiting the "current climate" to increase leverage. He knows he is popular with many City fans, and, is it likely he is unaware of this or other sites? I cannot believe he would use many fans understandable disquiet (with events since Thaksin returned to tighten the screws) as part of his bargaining position, as some sort of implicit threat, "If you don't give me what I want, think about the fans, the things 'people' say on forums and leak to the press."

There are some slight indicia (certainly from people who are still able to watch training sessions) that morale within the squad is good, and that Hughes is growing on the players. If Johnson is unhappy with City, I wouldn't stand in his way.

He seems to be thinking he's a legend in his own lunchtime.

If we've got short term cash flow problems I'd like to nominate him.

i'm not old enough to have seen colin bell play but i am old enough to realise that johnson is much better than jeff and jim whitley, ged brennan, jamie pollock, joey barton, dabo and many others. instead of giving him stick maybe we should try encouraging him and supporting him. maybe that way he will become a better player. if we were to sell him we would get 10 mill max, to buy a player with as much ability and potential would cost a fair bit and if they were any good i think they would demand more than 25 grand a week.

heatonmoorblue said:
i'm not old enough to have seen colin bell play but i am old enough to realise that johnson is much better than jeff and jim whitley, ged brennan, jamie pollock, joey barton, dabo and many others. instead of giving him stick maybe we should try encouraging him and supporting him. maybe that way he will become a better player. if we were to sell him we would get 10 mill max, to buy a player with as much ability and potential would cost a fair bit and if they were any good i think they would demand more than 25 grand a week.

i personally think we should keep him on his poxy 10k a week for 2 more years and then sell him... i mean the guys what 20 yrs old.... and now wants 25-30k a week... ... he probably still lives with his mum and maybe shes put his board up to £50 a week hence the need for a humongous pay rise for a guy whos played 30 games of which 10 have been good....

Then you look at Fernandes who puts in 10 times as much effort... and you dont hear him moaning ......

tbh im sick of the obcene amounts of money these cnuts earn......

there rant over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.