Johnson was as committed to Northern Powerhouse Rail as he had been to Crossrail

Vic

So is anyone surprised he isn't now? No new line Manchester-Leeds (let alone from Liverpool to Manchester), and trying to improve existing routes through 160 year old tunnels...

I am somewhat confused about the criticism raised against the original suggestion that they would construct new railways and the response was why not just spend the money improving existing lines.
Surprising that now that seems to be what is being suggested is met with criticism from the same quarters.

I am somewhat confused about the criticism raised against the original suggestion that they would construct new railways and the response was why not just spend the money improving existing lines.
Surprising that now that seems to be what is being suggested is met with criticism from the same quarters.
I think you'd need to justify the "same quarters" claim.

I take it this is just another attempt to say Boris isn't a liar.

I think you'd need to justify the "same quarters" claim.

I take it this is just another attempt to say Boris isn't a liar.
Absolutely clear.
Those who I read saying that they should improve current infrastructure instead of new lines now criticising a backtrack to do just that instead of new lines.
Jog on pal

Absolutely clear.
Those who I read saying that they should improve current infrastructure instead of new lines now criticising a backtrack to do just that instead of new lines.
Jog on pal
What have you got up your sleeve for when HS2 gets binned off completely once enough donors have made enough profit?

Absolutely clear.
Jog on pal
Name someone. Quote someone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.