Joleon Lescott & Micah Richards

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue

Unfortunately, because of growing expectations and demands that now exceed their abilities, the two players in the title of this thread will sadly be leaving Manchester City before the end of the summer transfer window.

They may have become forgotten men this season, but I'm sure we haven't forgotten the wonderful contributions they've both made to our most successful period for nearly half a century.

It is for that reason that I believe we should dedicate at least a small part of the post-season lap of honour to the two of them, in order to let them know that we're thankful for their services to our club.

A few choruses of "He's top of the league" would sound better with the trophy in hand, but even without it we should be able to rouse a chant or two. "There's only one Micah Richards" fits the syllable count as well.

I'm not usually one to discuss atmosphere, but I feel like we could do this for them. What do you say?

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Unfortunately, because of growing expectations and demands that now exceed their abilities, the two players in the title of this thread will sadly be leaving Manchester City before the end of the summer transfer window.

They may have become forgotten men this season, but I'm sure we haven't forgotten the wonderful contributions they've both made to our most successful period for nearly half a century.

It is for that reason that I believe we should dedicate at least a small part of the post-season lap of honour to the two of them, in order to let them know that we're thankful for their services to our club.

A few choruses of "He's top of the league" would sound better with the trophy in hand, but even without it we should be able to rouse a chant or two. "There's only one Micah Richards" fits the syllable count as well.

I'm not usually one to discuss atmosphere, but I feel like we could do this for them. What do you say?

Jolen, dont worry we will sing that song for you if it makes you feel better. And Richards should be staying with us no matter what. I love the guy hes city through and through. I know thats not enough but he just needs to stay.

Not a chance Richard should stay, although I think Pellegrini's treatment of him has been poor. Zab really could have done with a rest lately, not from the start but for the last 10/15 minutes of the last 2 games (had a 2 goal lead in both games). That would have saved him half an hour of arguably the most tiring part of the game.

Their departure will see the final breaking up of the 'banter' clique, and signal the dawn of a more serious, focussed and therefore successful era for us.

Thank for your efforts lads, but your time is up.

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
Watch their reaction to the goals yesterday. They were both celebrating wildly. I'll be sorry to see them go but it's a footballing decision, not sentimental.

Yeah I agree, their hearts are in the right place and they have done us a good job over the last few years (more so Lescott to be fair). But, they just aren't good enough for the level we're at now, nowhere near.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Not a chance Richard should stay, although I think Pellegrini's treatment of him has been poor. Zab really could have done with a rest lately, not from the start but for the last 10/15 minutes of the last 2 games (had a 2 goal lead in both games). That would have saved him half an hour of arguably the most tiring part of the game.

I said the same thing yesterday. Zaba on a yellow and could do with rest or just keeping safe from injury and Richards not even sent to warm up. He's either miles away from being fit/playing or Pelli doesn't fancy him.

Would have been more use to have a youngster on the bench to take the match day atmos.

Seems the end of the road after looking like he could have been a superstar when he first broke into the team.

Lescott will be off as we've evolved past him. Always puts in 100%. Singing Top of the League as the bus past us was brilliant....and he saw us and pointed. ;)

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
Watch their reaction to the goals yesterday. They were both celebrating wildly. I'll be sorry to see them go but it's a footballing decision, not sentimental.

Neither of them will actually pick up a medal at the end of the season though which is a shame

Edit: If we somehow win the league

After last Summer I am sure this will not be an issue, but has to be said as we've been guilty of this before, do not let them go until suitable replacements are secured!

Will be sad to see them go, still think both could do a job for us next season but wrong to keep them here if they want regular first team football. A fully fit Micah is a formidable sight on that right flank and alongside Zaba would be very strong in that position for us, but he needs the regular football to push himself to achieve this.

blue b4 the moon said:
mansour's tow ropes said:

I said the same thing yesterday. Zaba on a yellow and could do with rest or just keeping safe from injury and Richards not even sent to warm up. He's either miles away from being fit/playing or Pelli doesn't fancy him.

Would have been more use to have a youngster on the bench to take the match day atmos.

Seems the end of the road after looking like he could have been a superstar when he first broke into the team.

Lescott will be off as we've evolved past him. Always puts in 100%. Singing Top of the League as the bus past us was brilliant....and he saw us and pointed. ;)

Thought that was rather telling, too, as if we don't want to risk playing him in case Richards injures himself and then jeopardizes his transfer out of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.