joleon lescott

forevermancity said:
ForzaMancini said:
forevermancity said:
Haha I suppose you are one of those on here who have created this myth of nastasic that he is the 2nd coming and has pace.

He doesn't has a lot of pace, often gets twisted so has to pull the player back or gets his collegues like joe and kompany in the shit.

Although lescott isn't the type of player we should have as 1st choice, neither is nastasic.

A new cb will come in jan or the summer, and it will be him and kompany as 1st choice, Martin and nastasic as 3rd and 4th choice

**awaits a reply telling me nastasic is class and the new bobby Moore**

Whatever your thoughts on Nastasic, it is simply a fact that he is quicker than Lescott.

Unless there has been a dramatic change in both players, last season they did sprint drills and lescott was faster than nastasic every time with 30/40 yard drills.

Maybe lescott has lost a bit of pace with age over the last 8/9 months, but he certainly isn't the slouch people are making him out to be.

It's not his pace on the ground that's the problem for me. It's the speed of his decision making....

CTID101 said:
forevermancity said:
bearcityblu said:
Whole hearted effort from Lescott when he was left badly exposed at times v Suarez. Not his fault he hasn't been playing but outpaced so often, will be glad when Nasty is back.

Nastasic has less pace than lescott
Ive read some stuff on this forum since I joined but this post has to be up there. Complete rubbish.

I wouldn't like to say who's best over ten, twenty or thirty yards but Nasty is not exactly Linford fuckin' Christie!

We just beat the team at the top of the league, the centre backs stopped the league's most prolific striker from scoring for the first time in weeks and blue moan starts a thread slagging Joleon off, fucking meant mouthed tosspots

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
forevermancity said:
ForzaMancini said:
Whatever your thoughts on Nastasic, it is simply a fact that he is quicker than Lescott.

Unless there has been a dramatic change in both players, last season they did sprint drills and lescott was faster than nastasic every time with 30/40 yard drills.

Maybe lescott has lost a bit of pace with age over the last 8/9 months, but he certainly isn't the slouch people are making him out to be.

It's not his pace on the ground that's the problem for me. It's the speed of his decision making....

here's the problem. If he's pressed he cant make the pass and he ends up hoofing it and we lose possession. MDM has shown he can play a pass under pressure and Nastasic is also capable.

What is it with some City fans that there has to be a whipping boy after every game we don't win by six goals. Lescott has had the shit end of the stick for a couple of seasons now. It's fair point that his distribution isn't brilliant, but his defensive abilities are excellent, And him and Vinny playing together still looks our strongest defensive pairing.
Suarez is arguably Europes on form striker at the moment and apart from one or two things today did fuck all.

Its match fitness he lacks. With more games Joleon is a better player. Its a tricky situation we never have had a settled back 4 for a long time. Kolarov hasnt got the speed and I would of started Clichy over him today. More chance of proper cover. I think today was good preformance from him nothing great but good. I keep thinking to myself Richards at Centre half must be given a chance there if we are to be looking for someone else. I would look at him first if and when he gets fit. Time for people to lay off the players a bit. With how open we play we will leave chances to most teams.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
forevermancity said:
ForzaMancini said:

I agree, don't rate him half as much as some on here.

A top top cb is all that's missing for out squad now, the final piece of the jigsaw

the kippax wall said:
What is it with some City fans that there has to be a whipping boy after every game we don't win by six goals. Lescott has had the shit end of the stick for a couple of seasons now. It's fair point that his distribution isn't brilliant, but his defensive abilities are excellent, And him and Vinny playing together still looks our strongest defensive pairing.
Suarez is arguably Europes on form striker at the moment and apart from one or two things today did fuck all.

He's a decent defender and nothing more. He is the weakest defender we have and his only strength is his ability in the air. He shits himself when he has the ball and a striker is running at him and his lack of mobility, decision making and ball control gets him into trouble time and time again. He's been a loyal servant for the club and I would never say he is a shit player but he also isn't good enough for where we are going as a club. He is good for the games against the strong physical teams but against Suarez or Messi he just doesn't't cut it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.