Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are possibly right, but if we are aiming at Sanchez or Mbappe , we clearly don't want to exhaust our funds by going for a marquee cb signing .

Yeah that's why I hope there is more to this signing that meets the eye but CH would have been my priority because of our reliance on Kompany.

I think that we haven't given enough priority to the CH position and now we are left with this situation. I don't believe for one second he was on any of our lists and is a direct result of Alvez going to PSG and affecting our budget. We have now thought Evans will do rather than we have always wanted him.

The manager clearly has priorities elsewhere. But you've totally ignored the point. Do you think that Pep picked Evans' name out of a hat or do you think that he did his homework and then decided "yeah i like him" ?

Tbh i really dont understand the denayer situation. Hes a guy who got young POTS in Scotland and performed well for his country at the Euros. Seems perfect for a squad role.

Either way i honestly think there are better younger players than evans for that sort of money but thats just my opinion.

I don't think we want a 'young' player for that role. The whole point is to have someone who can play next to Stones if Vinny isn't available. Someone who brings an element of stability to the backline which Otamendi doesn't. The profile is experienced rather than potential if that makes sense.

Do you think that our manager woke up a couple of weeks back and went "fuck it get me Jonny Evans" or do you think he was extensively scouted, and Pep was given a host of information about how he has performed in the last two seasons and what characteristics he has as a player before deciding we should bid for him?

I think all signings go through this process at City as well as other clubs and overall some transfers work a lot better then others, so to me it is a bit of a mute point. I also think we should be aiming higher then Jonny Evans and our scouts should be picking someone better.

We may be looking for a different type of player, more experienced, left side of a 3 etc.

However, when we look back this to be the window we sign Jonny Evans whilst Spurs sign Davidson Sanchez (that boy would be a great buy for us).

The manager clearly has priorities elsewhere. But you've totally ignored the point. Do you think that Pep picked Evans' name out of a hat or do you think that he did his homework and then decided "yeah i like him" ?

I think he did his homework given the constraints of our budget but I don't agree that CH should have been so low down on our priorities. Without Vincent we are in trouble and I don't believe bringing Evans in will win us the league should the worst happen. Do you?

If Pep signs him & he turns out to be a success then ill believe Pep can walk on water.

Not saying he doesn't but I trust that he has better football judgement than myself or about 98% of the posters on this forum.

I'm not sure he knows his arse from his elbow when it comes to cbs tbh.

But he has a remarkable record of winning games despite often having at least one complete non central defender in there.

It's also imo, the main reason he loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.