Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world has gone mad. August 2015, he is no longer good enough for the rags, so goes to WBA for 10/12M. Two years later it seems our club thinks he is good enough for us at somewhere near triple the value. WTF!

I would never ever be able to accept him, so hopefully the rumours we have walked away are true.
This is something that can and does happen. Players can improve in their late 20s. A 25 year old Vardy cost Leicester £1m. Now aged 30 he'd cost £20m plus.
In Evans case admittedly it's insane as he definitely isn't worth this amount.

Last edited:
We need British players. The fee is irrelevant this year because all players are overpriced for Prem League. And we need an experienced CH in the squad. It's not rocket science. Hope we get him.

You should get some pelters for that post mate.

Regardless of whether or not you think Evans would be a good signing, it's pointless comparing the prices of two years ago with the current market, as the landscape has changed drastically in that time.

I completely agree. However I do think it's worthwhile to compare the price mooted for Evans with others on the market.

The thing is I just cant see Evans other than a rag even though he left a few years ago. I put him in the same mould as Fletcher.
It may seem petty but I don't want him at our club.

Signing this guy for the money that is touted would be a pretty shitty, disappointing ending to an otherwise very good transfer window.

The thing is I just cant see Evans other than a rag even though he left a few years ago. I put him in the same mould as Fletcher.
It may seem petty but I don't want him at our club.
Well it is petty. I don't want him either, because I don't think he is great and would be another slowcoach at the back in a team that defends high up the pitch.

Not to mention it's not exactly uncommon for a fringe player to leave a club cheaply, become a starter somewhere, improve and go for more money.

Sigurdsson (8m -> 45m in 3 years), Keane (1-2m to 25m in 2years).

Mangala and Bony will be the opposite.

The world has gone mad. August 2015, he is no longer good enough for the rags, so goes to WBA for 10/12M. Two years later it seems our club thinks he is good enough for us at somewhere near triple the value. WTF!

I would never ever be able to accept him, so hopefully the rumours we have walked away are true.

He wasn't good enough at the scum players do improve! Wenger offered 20m last season for Evens and I though wtf he want him for he is shit so last season every time West Brom played I watched him he has improved he passed the hall well under pressure he is more calmer and dont you think City will have all the stats on him, and watched him? Some fans just like to moan and not actually watch see a player in a blue shirt. Anyway looks like we moved on from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.