Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy who you want Pep. Evans is better than The Mangler

Imagine the mangler in a big champions league game. Don’t think Jonny Evans is the answer for us, but he is a better back up to Stones and Otamendi any day of the week, despite that seeming to upset people. We all want the mangler to do well, but last nights game at Leicester showed he just isn’t goody enough for this team.

Imagine the mangler in a big champions league game. Don’t think Jonny Evans is the answer for us, but he is a better back up to Stones and Otamendi any day of the week, despite that seeming to upset people. We all want the mangler to do well, but last nights game at Leicester showed he just isn’t goody enough for this team.

Neither JFE nor The Mangler will hold down berth No1 in Pep's team. We all know that! But gimme The Mangler over JFE any day, night or hour of the week. Neither are Franco Baresi but if we end up in the CL final and Otters, Kompers, or Stonesy are unavailable my vote would go to The Mangler over JFE.

Kompany’s continuing injuries have changed the whole landscape of a CB acquisition in my opinion.

Evans would have been a decent 4th choice to come in for the cup games and if we were really stretched for options defensively, however I think Pep will want a world class option to replace Vinny now, of whom can also challenge John and Nico.

keep mangala,at least he knows the team and has had some pep training,use danny as cb,pep said he played there last night for the first time and was good
@bobmcfc will be distraught so its a no from me

There are a lot of arguments for and against Evans.

I think it boils down to a cost/benefit analysis - what does Evans actually give the squad in relation to how much he would cost? Would he be first choice now? Would he be first choice at any point in the next 3 years? Does he have untapped upside? Is he significantly better then the backups that we've got? Is he available at a decent price?

For me, its a 'no' for all of the above. This isn't to say he's a bad player (because he's not) or that he wouldn't improve the squad (because he probably would). I don't care he played for United. I do care that he'd be 3rd choice (at best), likely wouldn't be here in 3-4 years considering his age, and his value is inflated coming from an English side. For me there are much better ways to spend the 30 million.

There are a lot of arguments for and against Evans.

I think it boils down to a cost/benefit analysis - what does Evans actually give the squad in relation to how much he would cost? Would he be first choice now? Would he be first choice at any point in the next 3 years? Does he have untapped upside? Is he significantly better then the backups that we've got? Is he available at a decent price?

For me, its a 'no' for all of the above. This isn't to say he's a bad player (because he's not) or that he wouldn't improve the squad (because he probably would). I don't care he played for United. I do care that he'd be 3rd choice (at best), likely wouldn't be here in 3-4 years considering his age, and his value is inflated coming from an English side. For me there are much better ways to spend the 30 million.

isn't that why we want him though ? as a back up. hes not coming here as first choice. he would be an experienced squad player, good on the ball and a leader. hes miles then mangala for me as well.

isn't that why we want him though ? as a back up. hes not coming here as first choice. he would be an experienced squad player, good on the ball and a leader. hes miles then mangala for me as well.

Right - I personally think you could find a younger & cheaper 3rd choice. I think he's better than Mangala, but I'm not sure about 30m better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.