Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I admit, I needed to take my blue tinted specs off

& just blank out his scum history & focus on his ability.

................................and it's still a giant NO THANK-YOU

Not sure if this guy is a member of this forum but made a great comment on twitter and this is very much how I feel about this transfer....It's almost as if we looking for a cheap bargain with limited upside.

Esteemed Kompany‏ @StevenMcinerney 10h10 hours ago
Signing players just as a backups is one of my biggest bug bears in football. It pretty much always ends in the team being worse as they need game time to get to their 7/10 level. They don't get games & instead end up a 5/10. Sign players with potential 1st team quality, always.

Ha yeah that's me. I'm really not happy with this signing but oh well!

Agreed but that’s why any cb we buy should be decent and capable of helping us achieve that. Not a 29yr old devoid of pace, who we wouldn’t have wanted in his supposed prime. Evans is shit. He’s been at West Brom how many years? Why I wonder? All the huge JFE fans on here never clamoured for his signature at any point previously.

Let’s sign a defender by all means but let’s buy a good one.

I think Guardiola had earned the right to pick whoever he wants as someone who will be 3rd choice CB for a few months, then 4th choice from next season.

Do I get excited about Evans? Not really but he's coming in to do a job, be better than Mangala and give us enough depth to compete on 4 fronts.

A guy who wont mind the periods he wont play, can hit the ground running because he doesn't have language issues, hasn't just moved countries and knows the league inside and out is perfect for our requirements right now.

A younger future first choice will come in the summer and well have a CB situation 10x better than the current one.

I think Guardiola had earned the right to pick whoever he wants as someone who will be 3rd choice CB for a few months, then 4th choice from next season.

Do I get excited about Evans? Not really but he's coming in to do a job, be better than Mangala and give us enough depth to compete on 4 fronts.

A guy who wont mind the periods he wont play, can hit the ground running because he doesn't have language issues, hasn't just moved countries and knows the league inside and out is perfect for our requirements right now.

My main worry is I'm not convinced he's defo better than Mangala. He's been largely naff all season and God knows when he last played in a possession based system, never mind one like Peps. Obviously trust in Pep and that, but yeah....

This, all day, every day

Unfortunately it's completely irrelevant when Vinny can't get on the pitch. At the moment literally any fit player would be better. We're trying to win 4 competitions with 2 centre backs FFS.

This.

Unfortunately saying Kompany is better than Evans is pointless. Evans can get on the pitch and Vinny can't, therefore right now, as much as it loaths me to say it, Mangala is better than Kompany purely on the basis that he can actually play.

It's a sad state of affairs but it's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.