Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gvardiol is 100 million euros because of his position he’s a left sided Centre back that can also play left back , if you look right now there’s not many options out there for that position. Left sided centre backs with enough quality are hard to find the market is small for that position.

He naturally plays that position as well he’s not a right sided centre back forced to play there , left side is his natural position he can also defend well and attack well
Can't be that scarce, we've got 2 in our squad already.

FOC, sorry I watched him from being a kid in the old A & B teams at Platt Lane, he had a decent career with us.

Nicky Reid played 217 times for Manchester City F.C. and scored twice in two spells at the club between 1977 and 1982 and 1982 and 1987 before transferring to Blackburn Rovers F.C. in July 1987

Don't worry mate... Just having a bit of fun.

Being a fellow FOC, I saw a great number of those games myself.

I remember at Wembley for the Centenary Cup Final there was a banner claiming that Nicky Reid COULD eat 3 Shredded Wheat.
The TV advert at the time claiming NO-ONE could eat 3.
I remember him running something like 70 yards to chase a ball that was going into the Spurs corner and there was only something like 6/7 minutes left and every fucker was puffing and panting.
Not our Nicky ... heart of a lion who never gave up.Brilliant City player and would go through a wall for us.
Ha, remember in 76 Picc radio had a banner slogan compy.....winner was Doyle eats Magpies.

Cheers for the update, keep us briefed.
Will do.can’t reveal my source but , I’m happy to put my ITK neck on the block, based on the “solid” info I’ve been given: It’s happening. Next 7/14/21/28/35/42 days/weeks/ months/years. But definitely happening. But might not.

Gvardiol is 100 million euros because of his position he’s a left sided Centre back that can also play left back , if you look right now there’s not many options out there for that position. Left sided centre backs with enough quality are hard to find the market is small for that position.

He naturally plays that position as well he’s not a right sided centre back forced to play there , left side is his natural position he can also defend well and attack well
Laporte also has the same description that you gave above and can hardly find any suitors. No way Gvardiol is a 100 million player, if he were we would had paid it already like we did for Grealish. Gvardiol is not a superstar and comes from a nation with a very small population so we are hardly going to have any money coming from his shirt sells. Furthermore, CB usually cost much less than attackers so paying a premium fee for a defender doesnt seem sensible. Not to mention there is no other club currently vying for his signature. The fair value for Gvardiol is £60 Mill + £5 Mill as an add on sweetener.

Laporte also has the same description that you gave above and can hardly find any suitors. No way Gvardiol is a 100 million player, if he were we would had paid it already like we did for Grealish. Gvardiol is not a superstar and comes from a nation with a very small population so we are hardly going to have any money coming from his shirt sells. Furthermore, CB usually cost much less than attackers so paying a premium fee for a defender doesnt seem sensible. Not to mention there is no other club currently that is vying for his signature. The fair value for Gvardiol is £60 Mill + £5 Mill as an add on sweetener.
I Love Laporte but he cant play the role ake plays in this team hence why he hardley featured last year. Grealish was a 100 million points gvardiol is 86 million pounds. Grealish was also a release clause gvardiol isnt. Also to be honest shirt sales hardly generate much income for the club given they are already paid by puma.

Gvardiol is the haaland of CBs hes 21 years of age and is expected to become the best in the world. Its clear why pep wants him. Hes probably one of a few footballers who can do the john stones role but from the left side if he ended up injured and he can do the ake role so hes multi-positonal something laporte currently isnt due to his pace. Laporte unfortunately in this system can only really play the dias role. (by the way i like laporte)

The fee is what it is. But given he could be here for 10+ years i dont see a particular issue with it and i dont think the club do otherwise they wouldnt have entered negotiations given the fees been public for a while. The fact that no other club is at the table doesnt mean you can undermine Leipzig they just wont sell. And the fact that you think 60m is laughable in itselfs given the potential your paying for. Left footed Centrebacks come with their own premium.

The fair value is around 80m which isnt much less than what leipzig want given his potential age left footed ect. You only have to looks at Fofana going for 72million last year. Rice went for 105m. Theres a lack of left footed cbs on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.