Juan Bernat

Urgh Dax. He's not a left back and he certainly isn't going to be playing there for us if he makes the cut. He played wing back twice at his old club but he's primarily an 8 or a 10. This idea of yours that we need to convert attacking midfielders to full back isn't catching on and there's no evidence that the club are thinking of doing so. Otherwise we would've had the perfect right back this season in Navas.

Back on topic I'd love to see Bernat here, seems like a bargain for the price quoted.

Pep wants to play three at the back. When he has he has used Navas and Sane. Zinchenko is perfect as a LWB and I think that is exactly what we bought him for. There litterally is no space in the attacking four spots for anyone else and we have Zinchenko, Roberts, and Moreno all coming over the summer.

Not really. Saw maybe 3 games. Most memorable one being against Athletico in the Champs league. He was average. But then again so as the whole team.

I think he's touch, technique and speed of thought and effort on defense are all easy to see when you watch him. It would be like having Marcelo at Leftback. Funny enough, he is a far better defender than Marcelo was at this stage, and a far better user of the ball too. And he is almost as good of a dribbler.

I don't see any downside to him at leftback. Sire, he'll get beat in the air by tall attackers, but that happens on such few occasions that it's not even worth worrying about. And that assumes he has stopped growing.

You would if you watched him. Right now, he gets tired playing 90 in midfield & starts to lose concentration.

Maybe he could develop in that aspect one day, but currently Zabaleta or Kolarov would outrun him over 90 mins. His main attributes have been passing & intelligence in midfield.

Very sad to see you giving up on Fabian Maldini already Dax, just because a new, younger, even less suitable model comes along.

No he is not. But I believe he'll be a fantastic one.
Not to worry, full backs are so 20th century. Tomorrow's defence is a 3/5 that has flying midfielders who can defend. Danny Rose is a perfect example. Not a traditional left back, but a left midfielder who drops in when needed to defend. However, the idea is that there is never a need to defend down the line unless you have forced the other team out wide.

The game is played between the edges of the 18 yard box these days, with compact defenses and midfields that only go outside to make space for themselves...or when the opposition forces themselves wide to try to get around your compact, collapsing defence...which in turn is only required if you were unable to retrieve the ball in short order.

It used to be that the least talented players were shunted out to the full back position. Had to be able to tackle and head the ball, but beyond that...notmuch asked. Today, it requires a total footballer in almost all positions. And, for Pep, that includes the keeper!

Pep wants to play three at the back. When he has he has used Navas and Sane. Zinchenko is perfect as a LWB and I think that is exactly what we bought him for. There litterally is no space in the attacking four spots for anyone else and we have Zinchenko, Roberts, and Moreno all coming over the summer.

There is absolutely 0 chance of Moreno playing for us next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.