Jude Bellingham

The way he talks off the pitch is very different to how he acts on it in my opinion. All the things he does are the things you'd love if he was in a blue shirt and all the things you hate when he's playing for the opposition. His post-match interview was very humble, I don't understand why so many people think he's got this new arrogance or attitude. He's playing for Real Madrid and on the pitch he's just showing he's got the minerals to play for the club, their fans are fucking mental and are happy to replace anyone if they don't perform so they want to see that sort of confidence and arrogance on the pitch.

I don't think he played well in either game but we didn't really let them get a sniff and he wasn't ever going to change that on his own.
My problem is his constant cheating by pretending to be injured and I would hate to see any City player doing it. The worst clubs for this sort of cheating are Arsenal and Real Madrid. I don't think he is arrogant but he is just very over-rated.

Last edited:
Personally, I have not liked him since he started playing for England. Pretty much refuses to pass the ball to Foden. Probably afraid that Foden will show he is the more talented of the two.

Think there's some sore heads today reading some of the comments about Bellingham since last night. First leg he was anonymous and did display some of the play acting and whinging that's been highlighted. But last night he was much better for the first hour. Barely lost the ball even when under pressure, obvs a touch of class to begin the move for their goal. He's got some progress to make before he's able to grab games like this by the scruff of the neck but he's clearly got immense quality and is a nuisance to dispossess. And he's 20. To have any kind of impact at this level at that age is remarkable.

I think he will go on to be exceptional especially with Madrid building such a strong young squad for the future. Find the spite towards him a bit odd tbh.

OMG
b3fbfdee9f05f4cb62df0eeeaa690d44.jpg
Deary, deary me..

Posted on here a while ago that I told my daughters when they were young that they could have their own choice of partner/swain/'Young Lochinvar' but with the following definite exceptions:

(a) NO United fans
(b) NO Liverpool fans
(c) NO glottal stops

I would probably have to add an extra category nowadays, prohibiting the likes of Ferdinand and Bellingham with their inability to walk past a mirror without 'checking themselves out' (..as in, 'I'm so gorgeous I could lick that reflection all day long..')

Can someone ask JB to bring our pitch back? Smuggled it all via his ar$3. As big a grass magnet as I have ever witnessed. Upright, rarely.

I genuinely don’t understand how any blue could watch his “performance” last night and think to themself “I’d love it if he did that in a City shirt”, but to each their own, I guess.

I'd have loved for us to have done exactly that when they went 1-1 at the Bernabeu a couple of years ago. Instead we didn't slow the game down, they took the kick off and scored to take it to ET. Then when they got ahead they spent the entire time pretending to be injured to slow things down and we played about 3 mins of actual football. It's why they always find a way in this competition. It's up to the refs to do something about it.

I don't condone cheating and play acting, but he was spent and he went down to slow things down and let his team get their shape and the ref did his best to deal with it. It's part of European football. Spanish football is basically non-contact these days, they dive around and everything gets given.

I would want to win the right way, but there are elements of game management that Real are just masters at. I'd also say Grealish is seen by most fans of other clubs as a cheat, but we don't see it that way. There's defo some bias because he didn't join us.

As my lad said, he had the choice to come to us and pass the ball to his left back then inside to a a midfielder and then back to a full back (don't worry he was having a laugh) or go to Madrid and roll around trying to get players booked/sent off.
He chose the latter!

He then said 'Me, dad? I 'd have chosen to play football!'

Another thing I've noticed today; he's trying too hard to be a Madridsta!!!
Bouncing in the crowd etc...
He'll love being Mbappe's bezzy next year until he realises it's not going to be about him anymore.
Two big egos clashing before the likelihood is Mbappe demands a new best friend and he'll be off to pastures new.

He did nothing against us over two legs , Rodders owned him , he is a good player for his age , its how he progresses that counts , he might one day be as good as Foden who is doing it every week in the hardest league in the world , not in La Liga and Real Madrids six games a season league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.