Jules Koundé

Bayern-Sevilla euro supercup game tomorrow night. (CL winner vs EL winner)

I wonder if Kounde is made to start this game and risk the whole transfer.
But if he does its a great opportunity to see him under pressure because Bayern will put pressure on that Sevilla defence in multiple ways.
Is it on the telly?

I think it's two separate issues but similar problem. The academy one being worse.

There is something not right, imo, regarding our scouting of kids in Europe, or at least part of it. We keep 'stealing' players most of whom nobody really wants & know they can probably re sign, if they turn out any good. It's almost like someone is pulling a scam on us.

Over here we have managed to pinch a few top prospects & scout some of our own. The way to encourage the best ones to come imo, is to play kids a bit more & prove they have a chance. We have lots of 'easy' times in games where that could happen.

Re Mbappe etc, some such players will turn us down, some will sign. There will be a lot out there right now & the best scouts, with the best judgement, will get the higher percentage of quality players.

It's not just City tbf. Utd or Liverpool should have been all over Haaland before fatty got him, with the number of contacts & fans they have in Norway.
Yeh, agree with a lot of this. I think the very fact you have to distinguish between academy recruitment / progression and first team recruitment says it all. A lot was made from Pellegrini's announcement onwards about the club being holistic but City still don't really seem to work that way.

That said I'm not convinced any top team does. Liverpool are held up as being the leaders at this but look at their XI v Chelsea. One local boy in Alexander-Arnold, one admitted find in Robertson, and the rest had all done a couple of years at a decent club in a top tier league and cost top tier money. The bench doesn't reek of youth progression either. Are we that far behind? Obviously room for improvement but we do alright I reckon.

Anyway, Koundé. Yes please. Haven't had a hairdo worth a song since Demichelis.

No, we should just stay exactly as we are, never learn anything from anyone, never try to improve & assume everything is as good as it can be in every way & every employee of the club is good enough & other clubs can't reach our level.

It's the guaranteed formula for long term success. Just ask Utd.
We are not standing still but according to the experts here, everyone is paying 20p for top players and we are the ones selling them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.