Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not think it at first, but if the noice we are hearing is correct (big if), this sounds like a CFG, not Man City, signing to me. Could obviously end up playing for us anyway (like Zinch), but wouldn't count on it.
Could definitely see him at NYCFC, for sure

So, I guess no Academy players should EVER play for the first team until they’ve gone out on loan to another Prem team??

Silly talk!
Well he's rumoured to be going out on loan so if that happens i guess the club are also silly. Its a huge leap going from the argie league to the prem in one step. Our academy players who stand out generally train with the first team and that gives them the tools to play...but they dot hit our first team without first spending some time training with our first team. Alvarez will not be in this position on arrival.

If he pulls it off then fair play but i don't see it. He will need a loan for me.

Could definitely see him at NYCFC, for sure
Seems like a strange move to me, unless this in reality would be a NYCFC signing (which seems unlikely, he is a young Argentine international after all with several big clubs in Europe wanting him)? Think playing in the MLS would not exactly do wonders for his market value if our plan is to sell him with a profit, the highest fee anyone has been sold for from that league is 20M.

He's definitely been told he'll get a shot at being in the first team offer here, it'd be stupid to take a CFG deal. He's clearly a level above that in talent and demand. 5 year contract shows he'll get a chance, jsut when

He's definitely been told he'll get a shot at being in the first team offer here, it'd be stupid to take a CFG deal. He's clearly a level above that in talent and demand. 5 year contract shows he'll get a chance, jsut when
I just dont see any upside at all in paying River to buy him out of his contract when he only has 11 months left on it, if we are going to loan him back to them for the remainder of his original contract. Why not just sign him on a pre contract in 5 months for free instead? I fail to see any upside at all with paying for him instead of not paying for him, the only upside that makes sense is because we would want him here now. Otherwise it seems like River are getting a deal they could not have dreamt off, no wonder they are so happy to tell every media outlet in Argentina. Usually you sell the player on the last year of his deal to make sure you get paid, or you keep him and let him go for free. Now reports are saying they get to both sell him and keep him at the same time!

Something is very strange about this deal.. It doesnt add up! There must be some key part we dont know about, or something being reported thats false. Guess we will see soon.

I just dont see any upside at all in paying River to buy him out of his contract when he only has 11 months left on it, if we are going to loan him back to them for the remainder of his original contract. Why not just sign him on a pre contract in 5 months for free instead? I fail to see any upside at all with paying for him instead of not paying for him, the only upside that makes sense is because we would want him here now. Otherwise it seems like River are getting a deal they could not have dreamt off, no wonder they are so happy to tell every media outlet in Argentina. Usually you sell the player on the last year of his deal to make sure you get paid, or you keep him and let him go for free. Now reports are saying they get to both sell him and keep him at the same time!

Something is very strange about this deal.. It doesnt add up! There must be some key part we dont know about, or something being reported thats false. Guess we will see soon.
Yeah it's deffinetly a strange one.

This is a kid with what looks like a promising future. Already in around Argentina national team, compared to say kayky or even gabby when first signed. Ahrd to imagine him happy with going off on loan to the likes of girona, braga etc.

Yeah it's deffinetly a strange one.

This is a kid with what looks like a promising future. Already in around Argentina national team, compared to say kayky or even gabby when first signed. Ahrd to imagine him happy with going off on loan to the likes of girona, braga etc.
I wouldn't say Braga would be a terrible loan, 4th in Liga Portugal, won against our CL opponents Sporting today. Bur perhaps not particularly good either. Girona on the other hand is playing in a division ranked lower than the Argentine league so its obviously out of the question.
Not sure its a good idea to bring him to Europe, and just to loan him out a couple of months in another country either. Moving across the world at a young age is difficult as it is, if any loan to Spain or something would be less than a year, its better to just keep him here and evaluate how good he is, than see what best for him in the summer. Thats why I could kind of understand if he stays in River until the summer, but to let him stay the whole year? Makes no sense at all.

I wouldn't say Braga would be a terrible loan, 4th in Liga Portugal, won against our CL opponents Sporting today. Bur perhaps not particularly good either. Girona on the other hand is playing in a division ranked lower than the Argentine league so its obviously out of the question.
Not sure its a good idea to bring him to Europe, and just to loan him out a couple of months in another country either. Moving across the world at a young age is difficult as it is, if any loan to Spain or something would be less than a year, its better to just keep him here and evaluate how good he is, than see what best for him in the summer. Thats why I could kind of understand if he stays in River until the summer, but to let him stay the whole year? Makes no sense at all.
Alvarez is a serious talent you dont get to be South American player of the year without that.There is a theory in Argentina however that Pep's contract ends in June 23 and that both he and Bergiristain believe Marcelo Gallardo is the tecnico to replace him. Gallardo's contract after eight years at River ends December 22.Guardiola has always been close to Argentine football sees Bielsa as his mentor and has spoken on numerous occasions that Gallardo is one of the best Tecnico's in the World.

Just guaranteeing they get him tied down, why wait 5 months for other people to turn his head. Someone was gonna rock up and pay it before then.

Earliest hes here is June, latest he arrives is Halloween. Covering the bases you now know you have a 9 coming in, and cant get involved in the drama for whoever.

Alvarez is a serious talent you dont get to be South American player of the year without that
I’m not saying he isn’t talented, but I have seen this South American Player of the Year prize mentioned here a few times and I have to say it’s not a very serious award. Some of the winners look hilarious in retrospect

There is a theory in Argentina however that Pep's contract ends in June 23 and that both he and Bergiristain believe Marcelo Gallardo is the tecnico to replace him.
This is a ridiculous theory. Most overrated manager in the continent by one million miles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.