Julian Weigl

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Bombo, 13 Jan 2016.

1. bobom

bobom

Sadly, I think this is spot on. Especially as he is a key player in a team being built by an up and coming, but potentially world class manager. I can't see him coming here unless Tuchel brings him whenever he takes over from Pep ;)

2. Cityinmyheart

Cityinmyheart

Is there any chance we can get this guy. Always impresses me when I watch him play for Dortmund and is the closest player to Busquets with maybe even better potential.
    He can be our midfield pivot for a long term, only if Dortmund budge.

3. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

Hope we get him but looks like Isco is more obtainable .

4. Dax777

Dax777

I think Aleix is just as good.

5. blinkblue

blinkblue

I wish Aleix was more of a physical presence he would potentially be an amazing pivot.

6. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    They're almost identical in style of play, Garcia could easily turn out to be the better player, he looks to have more about him going forward and should develop more physically than Weigl will in years to come.

7. nmc

nmc

A couple of years behind in the development stakes - so very hard to judge. Pep has a good feel for potential. I have a feeling that he sees Weigl as potentially 'right up there' and I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after him - as someone to anchor the midfield for the next 10 years.

8. Dax777

Dax777

More like being behind on the exposure sweep stakes. Frankly, I think Aliex is the most talented Pivot at City right now. Both Yaya and Dihno may be better footballers due to their overall talent and experience. But Aleix hits the balance way better than either player. He is more like Busquet and Weigl ( I.e Pep's ideal for a DM) than either of the senior guys.

9. Dax777

Dax777

Don't think he needs to be. Our system really doesn't require what I call "Kanterism"

Silva can play Pivot, and might very well do so in spots next year, and I trust he'll be fine. Aleix is more physical than David.

10. blueparrot

blueparrot

Dont think he needs to be physical. However I do think Pep would prefer somebody with a bit of height to counter long high balls and set peices that he has found more of a weapon in the premier league. Nzonzi and Carvalho and Weigl all seem a better fit than Garcia , Silva or Isco to me.