Delph
Dinho
Kdb
Sterling/Navas
Aguero

Aguero
Kevin Yaya. Silva
Delph fernan

Yes we'd lack pace out wide but the passing/possession and creativity would be amazing and would love to see us try this as soon as we can, also means we can play yaya without being exposed

Aguero
Kevin Yaya. Silva
Delph fernan

Yes we'd lack pace out wide but the passing/possession and creativity would be amazing and would love to see us try this as soon as we can, also means we can play yaya without being exposed
Pellegrini said he doesn't expect any of the injured players to be back against Juve

I'd play this team

-------------------Hart
Sagna----Otamendi-----Mangala---Kolarov
---Fernando--Fermandinho--Delph
----------------De Bruyne
--------------Sterling

But I bet Pellegrini will start Aguero and Toure. I don't mind Toure playing as long as at least 2 of Fernando, Delph and Fernandinho play.

I don't think Aguero looks anything like ready for a game like this, but on the other hand we need to get as much football into him asap.

Must win for Juve so we should be able to pick them off

Obviously I would have preferred to win against Liverpool AND Juventus.

But if I was offered a win against Liverpool and finish 2nd in the Champions League group or a loss against Liverpool and finish 1st in the Champions League group I would have taken the latter.

Normally I prioritize the Premier League but given that no one is running away with it, we can still quite easily win the PL. If we can keep Kompany, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero fit for the majority of the season I still think we have the strongest spine in the league.

We have to start making progress in the Champions League and topping the group should give us the best chance of doing that. I'd take a draw now and back us to beat Gladbach at home but if we can play like we did away at Sevilla and beat Juve it will get the confidence back and enable us to rest players in the final round of fixtures.

What did we learn on Saturday anyway? That Liverpool have a more tactically astute manager than us. I think most City fans were already fully aware of this. Luckily for us we have the best squad in the league, arguably the best striker and number 10 in the world in Aguero and Silva and more importantly Pellegrini won't be up against managers of Klopp's level every week. Losing against Liverpool was hard to take but IF we do beat Juventus just stand back and look at where we are this season:

- Great position to challenge for the Premier League
- Finished top of our Champions League group
- Quarter Finals of the League Cup
- Aguero back with Kompany and Silva close to a return

Looking at the bigger picture, we could be in the best position we have ever been in at the end of November. Still challenging on all 4 fronts, a last 16 CL fixture not against one of the "Big 3" of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich and 2 world class players about to return to the team.

Could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.