Kalidou Koulibaly

Nathan Aké just went off injured. If there wasn't bad enough news for City this week already, hope they accelerate and get this done, miss out on this and it's the same players and same defensive issues.
Very poor coaching tough. Let the guy play 2 games in 3 days on season start.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think all the Italian media over the last 5 days seem to be trying to push us to up our bid? Seems like we have offered our max and are exploring other options while making them sweat.

Does anyone else think all the Italian media over the last 5 days seem to be trying to push us to up our bid? Seems like we have offered our max and are exploring other options while making them sweat.
They have started posting PSG rumors again along with rags interest when clearly neither can afford him at that price(the latter could surprise because obviously, it's Psg). It's either City or he stays. Not sure what our actual alternatives are besides seeing Diego Carlos linked once or twice

They have started posting PSG rumors again along with rags interest when clearly neither can afford him at that price(the latter could surprise because obviously, it's Psg). It's either City or he stays. Not sure what our actual alternatives are besides seeing Diego Carlos linked once or twice

Whoever we sign will be fine by me.

His career was going brilliantly, hevwas a 'hot property' around Europe & soon out of contract. We promised him first team squad, if he signed for us, rather than one of the top clubs who were hunting him. He did, then we shat all over him & he ended up sitting around waiting on last minute loan deals.

After that, he never really figured as a likely City player & this incident happened during that period. He ended up shit, in a shit Sunderland team & has somehow got his career back & is climbing the ladder again.

It was a little bit more complicated IIRC.

Summer 2015, Demichelis was supposed to be moving to River Plate, he had his bags packed and everything, and Denayer was going to replace him in the squad.

Meanwhile Negredo wantsed to leave because he's fallen out with Pellegrini. Valencia can't afford to pay for him, but they have Otamendi. The plan was for Otamendi, Mangala, Kompany and Denayer to be the 4 CBs.

At the last minute the Demichelis deal fell through. The club tried to offload Mangala on loan to a few Spanish clubs but he refuses to go anywhere after just 12 months.

In the end, the club decides to keep Demichelis for his last year and sends Denayer on loan again, this time to Galatasaray.

This essentially ends the relationship between Denayer and Manchester City. The next year he comes back and doesn't want anything to do with the club, who in turn refuse him another loan to Galatasaray as they want to test him in the PL and he goes to Sunderland begrudginly.

Then the summer after City want to sell Denayer, but they will only sell him with a buy back clause that's the same as the sale price, so no one will touch him. Lyon want him, but won't agree to such a stupid clause and he refuses to go to Girona because he's a CL quality player. Eventually the club send him to Galatasaray again as a compromise and he wins the league there before going to Lyon for £5m with no buy back.

I think there's an element of bad luck involved - he'd be a City player now if not for the River Plate move falling through for Demichelis, but at the end of the day...Pellegrini was allowed to take a short term position against the long term development of a club trained CB.

I don't think he'll ever come back.

This might have had something to do with Denayers downfall in the club, he's the one kicking someone in the head.

I seem to remember he was pretty much cleared of any wrongdoing in this incident. The guy in grey that he kicked had attacked his friend and was beating the crap out of him.

Very poor coaching though. Let the guy play 2 games in 3 days on season start.

Yeah this coach is very bad and their fans are furious there is no proper replacement. Been a month ish since Koeman has left and these are already resorting to hoofball to try and nick a goal. Hope Aké is fine, was expecting to see him start the Wolves game actually, given Laporte's quarantine time.

I seem to remember he was pretty much cleared of any wrongdoing in this incident. The guy he kicked had attacked his friend and was beating the crap out of him.

I can see with my own eyes, he kicked someone in the head it doesn't matter if he was charged with anything I suspect it was a good lawyer scenario. It looked like the lad on his mate had a pile of thugs on him, again I don't need the none action by police to take away what I can see with my own eyes.

Let me help you with this, booting someone in the head when they are on the floor is vile and he is vile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.