Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Liverpools long ball game is not more intense than ours. To have the level of control we have the games and to move the ball the way we do, to play so high up the pitch and the demands in terms of movement I would argue is far more intense than Liverpool. Look at what every player says in terms of getting to grips with our system. Phillips difficulty is likely more to do with his ability to grasp the expectations in Peps system.I
It very much is. We rest with the ball. Liverpool always run out of steam these days, inhalers or not.

During Covid, when we were playing every 3 days, Pep said he had to come up with a system that allowed the players to run less or with less intensity.

Seems to have worked!

With the arrival of Nunes, he’s sllipped even further down the Pepping order.

I was just thinking Nunes coming in might be the subtle hint he needs that he's done here.

At the moment I think he's behind Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis, Stones, Bernardo and Gvardiol to be the player next to Rodri in the box.

To replace Rodri as a lone #6 he's behind at least Kovacic, Nunes and Lewis.

I was just thinking Nunes coming in might be the subtle hint he needs that he's done here.

At the moment I think he's behind Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis, Stones, Bernardo and Gvardiol to be the player next to Rodri in the box.

To replace Rodri as a lone #6 he's behind at least Kovacic, Nunes and Lewis.
If he’s still on the bench come Saturday, either Guardiola has a plan to utilise him, perhaps alongside Nunes and Kovacic, or the hint was overly subtle. Most peculiar.

Phillips deserves a chance. He was injured when he joined & not been able to break in to the team since.

He was great for leeds. He just needs a run of games unless pep has seen something in training he doesn’t like

Phillips deserves a chance. He was injured when he joined & not been able to break in to the team since.

He was great for leeds. He just needs a run of games unless pep has seen something in training he doesn’t like
Instead of Rodri?

The signing of Nunes means we now have him ,Kova,Rodri and Bernardo all able to play the double pivot role. With such options available to Pep I can't see Philips getting a chance.

If he has any ambition he should seek a move away

At the end of the day pep just doesn’t fancy him. Even when we were 3 up at Burnley pep brought on mcatee for the injured walker over Phillips which said it all. The fact he came back from the World Cup overweight, didn’t come back early from the break after the world cup (unlike ake for instance) even though he barely featured for city prior or England and when he has had a chance he failed to really make an impression.

He is no where near city’s level. He is seemingly happy collecting medals in which he has played no part in and acting as a cheerleader on the sidelines. Its getting to the point where it’s actuality embarrassing for him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.