Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Did you not see yesterdays team sheet?

We can all play Fantasy Football, but I'm not Pep.

Pep picks individuals based on their fitness and who he thinks will do the best job for the team against the opposition in front of him. If that is KP in any of the midfield positions then Pep will pick him, either in the starting 11 or on the bench.

It will mirror last season with KP pep don't rate him

A lot of people speculating on the lads desire to play, or Pep's trust in his abilities with nothing to back it up apart from their 'observations'.

Injured a lot, and not had a run in the team due to the form of other players. Give him a chance.
No, he's been available for selection since November after one injury, and only gets a game when we're at least three goals up. I can't speak for his desire to play as I'm not close enough to the situation, but on what I have seen he is miles away from the standard required.

Did you not see yesterdays team sheet?

We can all play Fantasy Football, but I'm not Pep.

Pep picks individuals based on their fitness and who he thinks will do the best job for the team against the opposition in front of him. If that is KP in any of the midfield positions then Pep will pick him, either in the starting 11 or on the bench.
Of course I saw it. Which was my point. He was fit and didn’t get a look in, in a glorified friendly.
He didn’t really get a look in last season even when fit.

Also, what on earth is your second point about. Clearly Pep doesn’t think KP is the right man for any midfield position, as he doesn’t pick him!!
What makes you think it will change this season. Yesterday was hardly a positive indicator. It’s the season before the Euros - you have to wonder how bothered he is about that if he is choosing to stay at City.

Edson Alvarez to West Ham more or less confirms that door now closed for Phillips.

Think we will end up stuck with him this season. Down to him to make a case for playing, I just can't see it at this stage and I think that's going to be to our detriment as a proper back up to Rodri is so important. Hope I can be proved wrong.

Edson Alvarez to West Ham more or less confirms that door now closed for Phillips.

Think we will end up stuck with him this season. Down to him to make a case for playing, I just can't see it at this stage and I think that's going to be to our detriment as a proper back up to Rodri is so important. Hope I can be proved wrong.
Kovacic will likely be that man. He already looks like he's fit in at City and doesn't need a host of excuses.

The difference between Rodri, Grealish and all the others who eventually came good under Pep when compared to Phillips is that Pep gave all of the others plenty of time. He showed plenty of faith. He's not extending that faith to Phillips. It's very obvious that Pep does not want him.

A lot can happen between now and the transfer window closing. Phillips will not play meaningful minutes against Burnley, Sevilla or Newcastle. I wonder if the penny will drop by that time.

He is stealing a living being here now. Taking up a squad space, getting paid £150K a week and other players are being exhausted or having to pick up the slack. Some players come in and need a bit of time, but Pep still plays them and you can see flashes of greatness, Phillips has shown nothing.

if he isn't coming on with 10 minutes to go to give Rodri a breather in a friendly and to add depth to midfield then when is he coming on ??????????

if Pep can't trust him, then he's not a celebrity, so get him out of here

It's not 'speculation' to suggest Pep doesn't trust him as a member of the squad. It's glaringly obvious now. He would undoubtedly have needed minutes in his legs yesterday and got precisely zero.

Needs to be some home truths between the club and Kalvin. He's taking up a space in an already small squad and serves no purpose. Harsh, and unfortunate, but pretty undeniable.

Interesting from Sam lee this morning on podcast saying that he heard from a Bayern source (Bayern- who want a no.6 and who were linked to Phillips earlier in window) that when there was interest earlier In the window they were of the opinion that if they waited until the last weeks of the window and Phillips was still not being involved in the first few games even as a substitute that he may have a change of heart and that city have always been willing to listen to offers. Only issue with bayern is they’ll offer fuck all but if other clubs get an indication that he’s starting to panic with the euros only 10 months away then maybe a West Ham come to the table as well. I honestly think city would sell as I think they’d play kovacic as the backup if Rodri wasn’t fit or in smaller games over phillips

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.