Kaoru Mitoma

BUMP. Rumour has it we might be interested :). I would be delighted with him, I love the way he plays. Him and Jack on the left would be magnificent.
He's looked good whenever i've seen him and he'd bring something different to the squad.
I'm not sure how easy it will be to get him though, especially if Caceido leaves.

He's hardly an ambitious guy let's be honest. Put his career on hold to go to uni and is now already heading into his prime years, when he could have been a CL player for a few years by now. Seems like the kind of guy who'd be happy to stay at Brighton for his career. Which I'm not saying is a bad thing.

Anyway, the problem with trying to sign Brighton isn't that we can't afford him, it's that Chelsea will offer £10-20m more than we're willing to.
He went to Uni at 18, and he studied Physical Education (with dissertations in dribbling)! He wasn’t exactly studying Psychology and then decided at 24 that football is for me… he was playing football for the University and it’s not uncommon in Japan, for players to be graduates - yet it gets mentioned every time his name is brought up! Let it go people. He didn’t sacrifice shit, he chose his path and it was part academia… not so shocking for someone from Japan - safe to say, not all assume they have easy passage to the Premier League riches. He may be a late bloomer, because of that, or he may be one of the few Japanese players to make it, because of the work he’s put in! Either way, he’s a hell of a player!

It is most definitely not a slight on his ambition or an indication of his willingness to settle for Brighton as the pinnacle.

Last edited:
As it happens I think there's a chance we're talking to Southampton. They probably need to shift a player or two. They've got a handful of very good English players. Ward Prowse is still there, FFS. Backup midfield pass master? Sounds good to me.

They've also got two of the better RB's, Kyle Walker Peters being one. Chelsea looking at Tino Livramento was a story that didn't make much sense, because they have already have Reece James and spent 30m odd on Malo Gusto.

But they do have a buyback at 25m odd, and he is probably coming out of injury about now, clubs might want to see how he is recovering. And as we have a buyback on Lavia, and Liverpool are bidding on him, I think there is a good chance we might throw them the odd phone call, perhaps a meeting or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.