Keir Starmer

1. Fire and rehire contracts illegal.
  2. Minimum wage up to £10
  3. Improved flexible working rights.
  4. Employer gets all company benefits/leave/sickness entitlements from day 1.

He's saying the right things at the TUC, but so did Blair who promised repealing anti trade union laws and had a majority to do it. Yet didn't.

And what leader will satisfy ?

I don't know but Starmer isn't it. He's weak, indecisive and I don't trust him. Personally I'd vote Labour over the conservatives, especially this shower, but this paper tiger won't win an election unless Johnston pisses even more people off by hitting their pockets and crippling the poor in society even more.

I don't know but Starmer isn't it. He's weak, indecisive and I don't trust him. Personally I'd vote Labour over the conservatives, especially this shower, but this paper tiger won't win an election unless Johnston pisses even more people off by hitting their pockets and crippling the poor in society even more.

the answer is no one.

Then unless the above I mentioned happens they're fucked

Corbyn was strong, decisive, shouted and bellowed against the Tory's - he was still equally hated within and out the party

so yes, Labour are f*cked - because they can't get behind any party leader

Starmer is a smart intelligent leader and has more compassion than all the Tory front benchers put together.. but hey, he's not got enough personality apparently so on the Tories go

no one will please.

Corbyn was strong, decisive, shouted and bellowed against the Tory's - he was still equally hated within and out the party

Starmer is a smart intelligent leader and has more compassion than all the Tory front benchers put together.. but hey, he's not got enough personality apparently so on the Tories go

no one will please.
He talked the talk today.

If he walks the walk rather than throwing sound bites out to appease whoever he's meeting then I will campaign for him.

Blair promised repealing the anti trade union laws to keep the left of the party onside. He won a big enough majority to do it. Then quietly dropped it as corporate donors appeared.

no one will please.

It's not so much the party getting behind him, it's convincing the floating voters and the old labour voters who feel they're looked down and not listened to by Starmer and the party.

The working demographic of the UK has changed dramatically over the last 50 years. The traditional Labour workers have vanished along with the Pits, Steelworks, Ship Yards, Docks, Railways etc.

Labour need to change tack drastically and not be so beholding to the Unions, if they are ever going to be relevant again.

The working demographic of the UK has changed dramatically over the last 50 years. The traditional Labour workers have vanished along with the Pits, Steelworks, Ship Yards, Docks, Railways etc.

Labour need to change tack drastically and not be so beholding to the Unions, if they are ever going to be relevant again.
Lovely right wing view of how the party is run. The unions have obviously caused all the strife over the past decade of Tory rule...

Believe me, the unions have very little influence on the party nowadays. Yet they are happy to take our subs. Which is why UNITE and others are considering withdrawing their funding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.